Fire on nuke sub set deliberately.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
I've been alone in the Torpedo room on a fast attack with a full load out, keys IN the WLC, many times.

Former civil servant , confidential clearance. Ordnance Equipment Mechanic

Maybe the bolded part has something to do with it? I am also sure there were sailors nearby.

I didn't see Painter or Cleaning Technician in your resume?

All weapons were off loaded on the USS Miami. They are always off loaded in a yard period.

StarTech

Dec 22, 1999
Last I heard, the sub was a total loss.

FYI: A new submarine costs $1.5 billion and another $0.5 billion or so to fully arm it (put every missile, torpedo, etc in it that will fit)

FWIW: I work at the company that makes them.

Do employees get a discount ?:biggrin:

Godsend1

Oct 30, 2000
Maybe the bolded part has something to do with it? I am also sure there were sailors nearby.

I didn't see Painter or Cleaning Technician in your resume?

All weapons were off loaded on the USS Miami. They are always off loaded in a yard period.

There were painters and blasters that had well above Top Secret when working on Ocean Engineering, or Task Boats, the Parche SSN-683 and the Richard B Russell SSN-687 for example.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
There were painters and blasters that had well above Top Secret when working on Ocean Engineering, or Task Boats, the Parche SSN-683 and the Richard B Russell SSN-687 for example.

Gotta call bull shit on that one! There isn't one good reason on this earth that a painter or a blaster would have a " need to know". EVER.

Godsend1

Oct 30, 2000
Gotta call bull shit on that one! There isn't one good reason on this earth that a painter or a blaster would have a " need to know". EVER.

They had to be in/around areas of the submarine that by their nature/construction reveal the mission of the particular boat.

They did not need to know, but they definitely saw and understood.