Fios triple play 35up/35d $500 Verizon Visa® Prepaid Card† $109

Jeffg010

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2008
http://www22.verizon.com/home/shop/shopping.htm

Plus HURRY – THIS AMAZING OFFER ENDS 1/7/12.
Includes an extra $10/month online discount!

This seems like a good deal. The $10/month is online only, don't even bother calling. I tried calling and no one could even walk me through the online process. Also, when I signed up it seemed like the $10/month online discount did not get added to end price. This $109 must have the $10/month already included not sure 100%. I called back and they said to print out the deal and if the bill does not reflect the $10 off to give them a call.

My final bill at check out was 117.99 because I had to add a Multi-room DVR. This will be a 2 year contract but I don't care because I was playing $198 for comcast with speeds of 6d/3up and they kept increasing my bill.

The best part of this whole deal is the $500 Verizon Visa® Prepaid Card† you must have 3 months paid service before you will get the card. You can't beat getting $500 for free.

If I can use $500 Verizon Visa® Prepaid Card† to pay the bill that would come out to about $89 a month because 500/24 = about $20 a month.

cliffs:
$500 Verizon Visa® Prepaid Card†
2-Year Price Guarantee includes $10/mo. online discount.
Free install No startup costs: All activation and installation fees waived. Plus, a wireless router at no additional cost.
FiOS TV Ultimate HD includes showtime,cinemax,HBO and stars.
35d/35up internet speed
Phone included

Last edited:

polypterus

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2001
FIOS is amazing. :thumbsup: And as far as evil faceless corporations go I've never had any problems with Verizon. :ninja:

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
damn i wonder how much it is to cancel my dish HD package.
i pay 80 a month just for 25/25 fios internet alone.

Jeffg010

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2008
FIOS is amazing. :thumbsup: And as far as evil faceless corporations go I've never had any problems with Verizon. :ninja:

Cool I did not have a not problem with Comcast until last Friday. I been with comcast for 5 years. They had an outage of the internet last Friday and since then I been having slow speeds. I called comcast and the techs said they were seeing slow upload speeds and claimed it was either a splitter or my modem. I had the tech guy out on Monday and he replaced the modem and the splitter. It seems to help but was getting weird pauses before any thing would load and some sites would all together just sit there spinning. I still think my upload speed was crapping out. Also my $198 bill was bugging the crap out of me so this was what it took to get rid of comcast.

The only reason I did not switch (FIOS been in my area for a year) was I never had any problems with comcast and I was not sure how well FIOS was going to be.

Last edited:

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
I signed up last year, when they were offering "price gaurantee, but no term contract (and no ETF)". I had been holding off due to the ETF.

It's been pretty decent for me, although my speedtest.net speeds go down a bit during things like winter snowstorms, when everyone is home and on the internet at the same time.

I have 25/25 internet, and "HD Extreme" package. I pay $115/mo, which includes $5 in taxes and $10 for the HD box rental per month for my TV. There was also a promo when I signed up for $10 off additional, for the first six months, and a $100 back on a gift card after paying for a couple of months of server. They also supplied a "free" wireless N router (which needs to stay connected, because I have TV service so everything comes out of the ONT on coax cable, and this router has a coax WAN input.)

I disabled the wireless on the Verizon-supplied router, and set up my own secondary routers using WDS mode to link my rooms in my apt.

Mandres

Jun 8, 2011
God, I would kill to be able to jump on this. I pay almost $200/mo for dish network and crappy rural dsl. A couple of times every year I say a little player and punch my zip code into the Verizon site to see if by some miracle FIOS is available. So far no luck

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
sweet my dish cancellation fee is 80. i'm gonna sign up when i get home.
the person i called at verizon as well as the online chat said it was for new customers
only. so i'll sign up online and see what happens

mikeford

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2001
What is 35/35?

My Time Warner is 10/100, but thats 10M bits down and 100k bits up (actual is 10% faster).

Jeffg010

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2008
I just called comcast to cancel and they told me I was getting 25 down. I told them I will be getting 35/35 and they said they never heard of that and can't be true. They then tell me the only reason people are leaving is because of these deals and after that everyone comes back to comcast. Then they tell me that you won’t get on-demand and I said they have it too. They then proceed to tell me that it is not as good as I would have with comcast. Then she tells me that that FOIS will tell you anything like how to do your washing and and iron your cloths. LoL

I have a feeling this deal is making people leave from the way she was sounding. She really did not try and give me any kind of deal to persuade me to stay.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
so yea that promotion is for new customers only.

if you're an existing verizon customer, you get the same price, however no 500 dollar visa card, you have an option of a 100 dollar card OR 12 mos of a multi room dvr which is normally 20 a month.

Bryf50

Golden Member
Nov 11, 2006
says Up to 35/35 Mbps
Verizon has plenty of bandwidth to go around.
1660552580.png

Last edited:

Wag

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
so yea that promotion is for new customers only.

if you're an existing verizon customer, you get the same price, however no 500 dollar visa card, you have an option of a 100 dollar card OR 12 mos of a multi room dvr which is normally 20 a month.
Not here. I don't know where you are but if you're lucky and you're a previous customer you get a $300 Visa GC but only have access to $139/mo Ultimate package which isn't quite as good.

Heh. I just called up, plead poverty and they gave me the Ultimate package for what I was paying for the Prime package.

Last edited:

Wag

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
The bad thing about FIOS is that they really haven't added any decent new HD channels in over a year. No Cartoon Network-HD, BBC-HD, etc, etc. Yes, the PQ is much better than Comcast's, but that's the cost- less channels. And if you're not a big sports fan like me you have to suffer because of it.

finbarqs

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2005
There's no HBO, just Showtime, The Movie Channel, Cinemax, flix.

But paying about 109 now (after fees and taxes) for 25/15 and basic channel, with no phone service.

And i'm getting 31/23Mbps!