Finals time! How do YOU pull all nighters?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
I can't because I get too sick. Latest I ever stayed up was 8:30 am and I felt absolutely awful.

kaiotes

Golden Member
Dec 31, 2000
today is my last final of the yr :) had all last wk, get almost one full month of winter break :p

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Originally posted by: UCDznutz
Finals week at my school (UC Davis) and LUCKY ME, my hardest class and we get the first final of the whole freakin finals schedule (monday 8am). I'm wondering how i'm going to pull this all nighter off.

Its already 2am, still got a bit of studying to do. In between sections i'm giving my mind a break to think, checking ATOT of course, and lifting some weights to get my blood pumping a bit. Just got my first cup of coffee for the night too. So how do you guys pull off the all night cramming before finals? I think i'm going to need some help around 7am.

haha you act like all nighters are hard. I do them all the time, a few weeks ago I was up for 55 straight hours. Since I came here in December, I've had at least 10 all nighters, and probably 20 more times where I was up till 6ish.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
I've pulled one all-nighter off in my life... almost. Night before Calc finals... I stayed up all night... fell asleep at around 6am... then awoke for my final at 8am. Woohoo that was no fun.

Anyway... click me.

CrazyDe1

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001
I hate when you pull an all nighter studying for a test and you realize you really don't know too much mroe than when you started....I just don't study for tests anymore and do about the same as I did before. Now projects are a diff story:( I got 3 hours of sleep last night and have spent 12 hours a day for the last 3 days trying to get this damn embedded systesm project working

CrazyDe1

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001
Oh yeah, it got so bad that this morning, when my alarm went off, I thought it was the highs and lows pulsing on my logic analyzer :(

LordSnailz

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
I'm surprised at how many people are not pulling all nighters - back in the dorm days, everyone on the floor was basically awake studying. When you have 4 EE courses and labs most of the time, and I do not see how you can keep up. unless you seriously studying day in and day out, which is not the point of college.

For myself, the best way to pull an all nighter is to study around people - dorm lounge works best for me. But as I got older, I've been pulling less and less all nighters ... body couldn't handle it anymore, esp. now with grad. courses. =(

goodluck to those finals ...

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
Originally posted by: ElFenix
i have never once pulled an all nighter for school. other things, yes. school, never. if you're missing sleep because you're doing schoolwork, you're doing something wrong. thats my philosophy.

unplug your computer from the intarweb would be my advice, though.

That's my philosophy too. I start working days ahead of the last minute, because I sure as hell am not going to lose sleep studying! If for some reason I don't finish, I go to sleep and forget about it.

Darein

Platinum Member
Nov 14, 2000
For me studying past about 9 o'clock doesn't work. Writing papers late works, anything else is just crap.

jaydee

Diamond Member
May 6, 2000
I'll probably do 1 or 2 the last week of classes (ie. tonite, thursday night probably). I like to be alert when it comes to tests.

Krakerjak

Jul 23, 2001
hmmm, im currently on hour 56 and counting.............eep :eek:

but alas, im done my project and i may now go to sleep.........zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz