Finally Trump does something that I can support

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Repub propagandists, politicians & talking heads have knowingly crazified their base for decades to keep 'em voting for moar trickle down. They thought they could always control it. They deserve Trump. Too bad the rest of us have to deal with it.

Reactions: JSt0rm

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
The hilarious bit is that anyone who was even vaguely perceptive could see this coming. I've said it before, but the Republicans tying their fate to Trump were like people trusting that a drunk driver would get them home. They knew there was a real chance he'd crash the car and ruin everything -- they just convinced themselves that taking this chance was better than sitting tight.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
I remember how they initially rejected him, undermined Ron Paul's bid to eliminate him from the mix and tried to prop up their mainstream puppets all of which failed. That reality forced them to back their dark, or should I say golden horse and we all know how that turned out.

With everything happening right now I hope that he'll just stay at Mar-a-largo eating chocolate cakes with two scoops of ice cream sitting on his dining chair like its a toilet.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Don't worry, President Trump supporters like this also.

It's funny, because they think that Trump can stay in office with a weak Republican party. I mean, I know the party has gerrymandered districts and manipulated voting laws in a bid to create an eternal Republican dictatorship, but there's only so much they can do when both the President and a growing number of constituents are against them. You'd better hope for your sake that all that election rigging keeps Republicans out in front in 2018, because if they lose, that's it for Trump and the current GOP.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
It's funny, because they think that Trump can stay in office with a weak Republican party. I mean, I know the party has gerrymandered districts and manipulated voting laws in a bid to create an eternal Republican dictatorship, but there's only so much they can do when both the President and a growing number of constituents are against them. You'd better hope for your sake that all that election rigging keeps Republicans out in front in 2018, because if they lose, that's it for Trump and the current GOP.
To be "fair," we said the same thing about doubling, tripling, quadrupling down on a minority base with white nationalism and yet... Here we are. Hopefully, those "wildcard wishers" have been disappointed enough to not try that again.

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
trump hijacked the party. They didnt want him and knew it was gonna be a shit show. They had no choice.

They successfully stopped Ron Paul with ease, and he had way more popular support than Trump did. They could've done the same to Trump, but they saw him as more in line with GOP values than Paul, who didn't like war (I mean, wtf, what republican doesn't like war?) and was far too much of his own man.

Trump is the GOP and the GOP is Trump, and they both wanted it that way. It couldn't happen otherwise.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
To be "fair," we said the same thing about doubling, tripling, quadrupling down on a minority base with white nationalism and yet... Here we are. Hopefully, those "wildcard wishers" have been disappointed enough to not try that again.

Well, as you suggested, the difference between then and now is that people have had a chance to see how crappy this arrangement really is. I'm reminded of how polling was against Obamacare up until Trump was elected and people realized what he and the GOP wanted to do -- suddenly it was quite popular. Like it or not, there are many people who get swept up in sweet-sounding lies and don't think about the practical reality until it's at their doorstep.

Reactions: tweaker2

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Well, as you suggested, the difference between then and now is that people have had a chance to see how crappy this arrangement really is. I'm reminded of how polling was against Obamacare up until Trump was elected and people realized what he and the GOP wanted to do -- suddenly it was quite popular. Like it or not, there are many people who get swept up in sweet-sounding lies and don't think about the practical reality until it's at their doorstep.

From your lips to God's ears.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000

That unique circumstance attributable to the propaganda war the Repubs mounted against gov't sponsored health care where it eventually produced that conflicting attitude of "Obamacare I hate! Affordable Care Act I like!" among many of the party faithful is a significant contributing factor as to why the Repubs are now having such an awful time reconciling their efforts to get rid of the ACA and replacing it with what essentially amounts to a nice hefty tax break for the wealthy.

Millions of their of their own constituency have come to rely on the ACA for providing affordable care that they would not have been able to get any other way and that factor parlays itself into influencing the attitudes and decision making processes of many Repub legislators who find themselves in battleground states where taking away the health care of thousands upon thousands of their constituency is tantamount to committing political suicide.

There's not a more painful self-inflicted wound that I could think of as far as what the Repubs in the beltway did to themselves in this regard.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
They successfully stopped Ron Paul with ease, and he had way more popular support than Trump did. They could've done the same to Trump, but they saw him as more in line with GOP values than Paul, who didn't like war (I mean, wtf, what republican doesn't like war?) and was far too much of his own man.

Trump is the GOP and the GOP is Trump, and they both wanted it that way. It couldn't happen otherwise.

You're just spreading another layer of delusion with your remarks about Ron Paul. He never captured the primary votes that Trump did, even though he was free to try.

Ron Paul is just another right wing nut bar. Trump is the world's greatest con artist. He grabbed the Repub base by the pussy, & they swooned...

DisarmedDespot

Jun 2, 2016
You're just spreading another layer of delusion with your remarks about Ron Paul. He never captured the primary votes that Trump did, even though he was free to try.

Ron Paul is just another right wing nut bar. Trump is the world's greatest con artist. He grabbed the Repub base by the pussy, & they swooned...
It's also important to note how much popular support his son Rand got compared to Trump: so little his most well-known moment is this one.

justoh

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2013
So what did trump do? Based on other posts, apparently nothing in particular, which is relevant to the thread highly suggestive of being about something specific that Trump has done. It's why I clicked on it! Then the article begins by asking the reader what THEY did, followed by what congress is about to be doing. I mean, like, what? amirite? What seems to be celebrated is also incidental to anything trump didn't do, since we're talking about the GOP reactions to Trump being himself; not doing, but being. Cmon now. It can't just all be about the sentiment. Hate on trump, but less ambiguously. This isn't facebook!

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
So what did trump do? Based on other posts, apparently nothing in particular, which is relevant to the thread highly suggestive of being about something specific that Trump has done. It's why I clicked on it! Then the article begins by asking the reader what THEY did, followed by what congress is about to be doing. I mean, like, what? amirite? What seems to be celebrated is also incidental to anything trump didn't do, since we're talking about the GOP reactions to Trump being himself; not doing, but being. Cmon now. It can't just all be about the sentiment. Hate on trump, but less ambiguously. This isn't facebook!

Reading comprehension difficulties again, eh Justy?

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
From your lips to God's ears.
The religitards believe that God has a holy IV in Trump's arm and his hands on the idiots shoulders guiding him every step of the way. Even more reasons for people to shun organized religion as an organization run by people who could barely pass high school but suddenly found a calling or ministry if you will. What a crock of sh!t these people are shoveling.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

This is the deliberately obtuse routine, right? It's a nice bit of free associative obfuscation, I'll give it that.

Trump is working harder than the Dems to tear down his own party, and succeeding.

justoh

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2013
This is the deliberately obtuse routine, right? It's a nice bit of free associative obfuscation, I'll give it that.

Trump is working harder than the Dems to tear down his own party, and succeeding.

To what end? Oh wait, that's right, that isn't what he's intentionally doing. There's not even some watershed moment or particular thing to point to which would be causing this incidentally. You'd agree it's pretty linear, which isn't in-line with what's suggested. What's stated? He does something? What something did he do? Notice also the word "finally." If I missed it just tell me what this something is.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
To what end? Oh wait, that's right, that isn't what he's intentionally doing. There's not even some watershed moment or particular thing to point to which would be causing this incidentally. You'd agree it's pretty linear, which isn't in-line with what's suggested. What's stated? He does something? What something did he do? Notice also the word "finally." If I missed it just tell me what this something is.

So, you object to the thread title & use that to divert from the subject?

Maybe the OP could change it to suit you... Maybe something like "Trump's ego lays waste to fellow Republicans". He did say "I alone can fix it" in his acceptance speech. Maybe he's just making sure that he is alone...

justoh

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2013
I don't know. If people posted threads properly I wouldn't have anything to complain about here, and therefore no reason to ever post.
s0GvQ