FINAL UPDATE 15/9 : Got ASSAULTED Fri. evening. (Prev: Landord verbally threatened my gf and our 2 week old newborn)

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Leros

Lifer
Jul 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Scholzpdx
$2000 for a nice 2BR apartment?

I could show you TONS of equal apartments and houses for $600-900 here in Portland.

I'm renting a house in north Portland (just did) for $800 a month. A HOUSE.

Depends where you live. I'm paying $800 for a decent (but old and showing it) 1 bedroom apartment. I pay so much because its close to campus and downtown, where I need to be.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Originally posted by: marketsons1985

I could show you TONS of equal apartments and houses for $600-900 here in Portland.

Portland is not NYC. You fail.

LOL who the hell would want to live in Portland anyways? There are reasons why it's expensive to live in LA and NY and cheap to live in Porkland. Yes I meant to say Porkland. Home of the other white meat.

Eos

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2000
Originally posted by: zerocool84
Originally posted by: marketsons1985

Portland is not NYC. You fail.

LOL who the hell would want to live in Portland anyways? There are reasons why it's expensive to live in LA and NY and cheap to live in Porkland. Yes I meant to say Porkland. Home of the other white meat.

Yes, because that's what the market will bear. Duh.

darkxshade

Lifer
Mar 31, 2001
Originally posted by: ChairShotMyU
Originally posted by: alchemize
OP: update?

I regret to inform ATOT that Vonkhan was found dead in his apartment last night from multiple gunshot wounds. The landlord is currently being held for questioning but does not appear to be the shooter and is not cooperating with the authorities. The suspect believed to be an aquaintance of the landlord is still at large.

ok not really but I'm starting to get antsy, we need an update pronto :p!!!

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
Originally posted by: darkxshade

I regret to inform ATOT that Vonkhan was found dead in his apartment last night from multiple gunshot wounds. The landlord is currently being held for questioning but does not appear to be the shooter and is not cooperating with the authorities. The suspect believed to be an aquaintance of the landlord is still at large.

Wasn't he moving down to be with his GF and child? Could be on the road and not have internet access.

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Capt Caveman

Wasn't he moving down to be with his GF and child? Could be on the road and not have internet access.

Unacceptable!

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
Originally posted by: EvilYoda

Unacceptable!

You're right. The fooker should have gotten himself a laptop with broadband access.

zoiks

Lifer
Jan 13, 2000
Is the OP still alive? Maybe he's in the hospital lying on a bed alone.
I'm just picturing Toby in that last scene in episode 1 of the Office for this season.

ConstipatedVigilante

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2006
Originally posted by: alkemyst
dear god some cliffs...all the hospital and baby crap is irrelevant. Like in the last thread too...someone being pregnant has no bearing.

You neighbor was wrong to have dogs leashed out in front of an apartment though and if they did not have an agreement with the landlord for pets, in the wrong.

I also seriously can't see a place like this from your description of how you and your neighbors are going for $1475 yet alone $2000/month. I am sure you have escalated your rent.

Also if you did have you G/F and dogs on the lease it should be pretty straightforward...I am betting you didn't though. When pets are allowed, it doesn't mean you can just bring them in the dwelling...the landlord still has to be informed and often fees/deposits are required.

If your g/f was on the lease, then he can tell her anything he needs too. She is equally a tenant and equally responsible as any other tenant.

Sounds like you were really the one that started this war though. Being the cops won't do anything shows you are probably not being honest with us though either.

So...he's in the wrong enough to have his landlord send a guy to assault him?

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Originally posted by: ConstipatedVigilante

So...he's in the wrong enough to have his landlord send a guy to assault him?

It's hearsay and could have been coincidental, I am not saying it's not possible though.

Without the cops getting involved it doesnt sound like there is anything they deem factual either.

Verse914

Dec 20, 2006
Originally posted by: Ns1
Last Visited On: 10/20/2008 5:43:25 PM

:Q

rose.gif

RIP?

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
Originally posted by: Verse914
Originally posted by: Ns1
Last Visited On: 10/20/2008 5:43:25 PM

:Q

rose.gif

RIP?

lulz that would suck! If so, let's go ATOT vigilante on that ass. Plenty of 2nd-amendment friends on here, lets unite and ventilate that fool.

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

Atlanta airport has internet access. No excuse!

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
Originally posted by: Triumph

Atlanta airport has internet access. No excuse!

He was driving down with his dogs.

Jan 22, 2008
Purchase a shotgun and a sidearm. Confront the LL and speak yur mind, give him a reason to assault u then self-defense with pistol.
What an asshole LL. I don't know you dude but gl cause no one needs to mess with this shit with a newborn.