Final Fantasy has been remade again, this time specifically for Steam.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Its getting mostly good reviews.

But I agree with this guy:

Its not as nice looking as the PSP version, and its not as fun as the original or GBA version.
Also, they are doing the same treatment to FF 4 thru 6, and they removed the 5 and 6 remake from the store.
The 3D remakes of FF 3 and 4 are still there, but they never remade any of the other games in 3D.

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
FF1 is worth playing for anybody that loves FF, or jRPGs in general, as its one of the very first games of the genre. And chances are this steam version is better than the NES version.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
I lol inside when they say pixilated games in HD....
Like minecraft.... but minecraft has RTX now even and its pixilated except the sky and water.

But FF1 was a masterpiece.
I remember playing tho on a Famicom in Japanese... then a NES.
I don't think i was able to find the American NES version, as i recall the first English FF i played was 3 which in japan was actually 6.

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
I lol inside when they say pixilated games in HD....
Like minecraft.... but minecraft has RTX now even and its pixilated except the sky and water.

But FF1 was a masterpiece.
I remember playing tho on a Famicom in Japanese... then a NES.
I don't think i was able to find the American NES version, as i recall the first English FF i played was 3 which in japan was actually 6.

FF1 was pretty rare in english. Sadly I used to have one, and no longer do :(

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
FF1 is worth playing for anybody that loves FF, or jRPGs in general, as its one of the very first games of the genre. And chances are this steam version is better than the NES version.

I literally just said its not and I also said why its not.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
I'll just stick to my randomizers and save my money. The only remake I'd consider is FF7, but that looks like a completely different game set in the same setting as the PS1 version. I can't keep track of all these remakes and remasters anymore.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I'll just stick to my randomizers and save my money. The only remake I'd consider is FF7, but that looks like a completely different game set in the same setting as the PS1 version. I can't keep track of all these remakes and remasters anymore.
it is a completely different game.

we got hints of remake for both the PS2 and PS3, which allegedly would have been simple graphical updates and nothing more. They never came thru.

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
I literally just said its not and I also said why its not.

Well guess what, if you post something on a forum, chances are somebody may respond to the post. And sometimes with a different opinion!

But I will stand by my statement. If somebody has not played it before, and they like FF, its worth playing.