Question Files automatically transfered to new SSD, is it ok to delete them?

Moondude

Jul 4, 2018
So basically I slapped in my new NVME and all the files that are on my HDD (don't freak I have another SSD already in) were on the NVME, it took up like 570 GB out of 953 GB. Was it just some windows or program thing that automatically copies files from an inferior drive to the new one? Well, anyway, I just want to know if it's ok to delete them and continue with my day.

Last edited:

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
So basically I slapped in my new NVME and all the files that are on my HDD (don't freak I have another SSD already in) were on the NVME, it took up like 570 GB out of 953 GB. Was it just some windows or program thing that automatically copies files from an inferior drive to the new one? Well, anyway, I just want to know if it's ok to delete them and continue with my day.
Nope, Windows does not automatically transfer data from an older drive to a new drive.

I take it that you cloned the old drive to the new drive using some kind of software?

Moondude

Jul 4, 2018
Nope, Windows does not automatically transfer data from an older drive to a new drive.

I take it that you cloned the old drive to the new drive using some kind of software?
Hmm.. now that I think about it, I think my friend tried doing that. He said he couldn't boot from it so I assumed he didn't start cloning with the acronis. Guess he started but never finished. Ok then looks like I can just delete everything, thanks.