Question file selection color can't be changed?

Kracov

Jan 26, 2006
kracov.org
When selecting the desktop icons, there is no longer an opaque selection around them, instead there's a thin border around each icon (not in this screenshot). This screenshot is showing that selecting files in file explorer has a grey highlight in them. From a search, this option is called Hiilight, and I changed that to red, but the desktop icon selection is still transparent, and file explorer selection is still grey.

Clipboard01.jpg

A///

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2017
That option and the regeddit apply to the desktop. not the file explorer. for file explorer you'll need to dig around for a mod or need third party software. I have seen such a tool recently but don't recall the name. i

Kracov

Jan 26, 2006
kracov.org
That option and the regeddit apply to the desktop. not the file explorer. for file explorer you'll need to dig around for a mod or need third party software. I have seen such a tool recently but don't recall the name. i
Are you saying there's an option to remove the transparent selection of desktop icons through the registry? How?

Tech Junky

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2022
I can't get my capture tool to show the icons highlighted but, it does it. I use Explorer Patcher though w/ W11. Not a fan of where the default settings / options are in W11 and this does it for me. One thing though is the menu doesn't pop up when clicked so, I have a bunch of pins on the task bar instead.

Kracov

Jan 26, 2006
kracov.org
I can't get my capture tool to show the icons highlighted but, it does it. I use Explorer Patcher though w/ W11. Not a fan of where the default settings / options are in W11 and this does it for me. One thing though is the menu doesn't pop up when clicked so, I have a bunch of pins on the task bar instead.

How do I install or use the explorer patcher? the readme doesn't have instructions.

Kracov

Jan 26, 2006
kracov.org
Not sure off the top of my head but there's not that many options in the program. It's an overlay that makes explorer behave like w10.
Explorer behave like w10? So my w10 explorer will behave just as it is? I've been looking at the settings over and over again. I can't find any option that mentions the desktop, or icons, or selection. Maybe I could try emailing the author