Fidel Castro dead at 90

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Abwx

Lifer
Apr 2, 2011
It was a thread about Castro until you made it about Libruhls, so you can wipe the froth away from around you mouth any time you want.

That s their nature, they have no respect for others unless these are wealthier people from whom they hope that they ll get a few bones, and to wich they will show deference even if it s criminals like their supremacist president a few years before.

Those fools think that they can re elect a criminal and still be considered as normal people while this very action is aknowledgment that they dont give a fck to the principles they are using as cover up to hide their selfish and hatefull nature.

Abwx

Lifer
Apr 2, 2011
If you don't compromise on humanitarian principles why aren't you blasting Fidel for the thug he was?

Because i know that he was a much lesser evil that what he brought down in Cuba, certainly that he was authoritative but if he didnt put down Battista hundreds thousands cuban women, and children, would had kept being the prey of all US perves, pedophiles and other such misfits..

The cubans i know all told me that whatever s the future they ll never let again the US maffias make again this country their brothel where all the hypocrit conservatives would perform their perversity, but certainy that sexually enslaving a whole people is not a problem for conservatives who were happy to find there what was severly punished by laws within the US territory.

While Castro did violate their minds the US was violating their minds as well as their physical integrity with what can be considered as large scale rapes and sexual enslavement.

kinev

Golden Member
Mar 28, 2005
To be intellectually honest, does this pass the sniff test?

Truman didn't praise Hitler at all or offer any regret that he is dead . The worst thing you can say about his statement is that he offered his condolences to the Hitler family. It almost entirely centered on moving the US-German relationship forward.

Being diplomatic is not "playing the PC card" it's being diplomatic. Like it or not Hitler was a personal and political force that had significant influence on the course of events in the western hemisphere. Many European nations don't entirely share our very poor opinion of him for a lot of reasons. If being "PC" means not alienating a big chunk of Europe for no discernible upside to our interests then put me down for that. The US has this weird fixation on how unfair the Nazi government was and how badly it treated it's people yet seem content to turn a blind eye to the multitude of nations we deal with more evenly despite doing everything Hitler did and often much worse.

Personally I never liked him at all and the world is probably a better place now that he's dead.

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
Because i know that he was a much lesser evil that what he brought down in Cuba, certainly that he was authoritative but if he didnt put down Battista hundreds thousands cuban women, and children, would had kept being the prey of all US perves, pedophiles and other such misfits..
So you do compromise!

Abwx

Lifer
Apr 2, 2011
So you do compromise!

Call this a compromise if you want, because it was not only about sexual tourism, US maffias could kill cubans and they would risk nothing, actually the scale of right violation was so large that voting right being inexistent was trivial in respect of all injustices that were removed..

And since we are talking of voting right, you think that you made a good usage of it when re electing Bush.?.

In essence you voted for someone who was even worse than Battista, let alone Castro, hence showing your lack of both political maturity and principles.

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
Call this a compromise if you want, because it was not only about sexual tourism, US maffias could kill cubans and they would risk nothing, actually the scale of right violation was so large that voting right being inexistent was trivial in respect of all injustices that were removed..

And since we are talking of voting right, you think that you made a good usage of it when re electing Bush.?.

In essence you voted for someone who was even worse than Battista, let alone Castro, hence showing your lack of both political maturity and principles.
Bush could have been the most brutal assassin in history and Castro was still a brutal dictator who rounded up gays and other "undesirables" and put them into forced labor camps. But Bush, right?

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
To be intellectually honest, does this pass the sniff test?

Your modifications to my post don't because the comparison is not only bad but not even relevant.

Also, Goodwin's Law.

Abwx

Lifer
Apr 2, 2011
And the Harvard study says cops were more likely to shoot a white suspect. Think I'll trust them before you.
More because they are more numerous, but what about when we take account the ratio of whites and blacks..?.

The rate is 2.5x for blacks in respect of whites, in 2015 it was 732 whites and 381 blacks, are blacks more than half the white population..?.

I guess that you deserted the classrooms at quite an early age, indeed i m about sure that this is the kind of white people who vote the more for the GOPs, educated ones are surely mainly in the democrat camp, not that this party is not shi..tty as well in its current form..

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
More because they are more numerous, but what about when we take account the ratio of whites and blacks..?.

The rate is 2.5x for blacks in respect of whites, in 2015 it was 732 whites and 381 blacks, are blacks more than half the white population..?.

I guess that you deserted the classrooms at quite an early age, indeed i m about sure that this is the kind of white people who vote the more for the GOPs, educated ones are surely mainly in the democrat camp, not that this party is not shi..tty as well in its current form..

There's a better way to argue this. You had it in the first two paragraphs, but insulting someone's intelligence is not the way to go about it.

Abwx

Lifer
Apr 2, 2011
Bush could have been the most brutal assassin in history and Castro was still a brutal dictator who rounded up gays and other "undesirables" and put them into forced labor camps. But Bush, right?

Much more people were killed by Bush than there was people simply jailed for whetever reason in Cuba including common crimes, that s really bad faith from your part.

You absolve large scale crimes and brand violations that are few in comparison as more condemnable, thing is that you voted for a large scale criminal and now you are defending yourself from my accusation not by saying that you didnt measure the extent of your bad choice but by trying to absolve even more the guy you supported with comparison that are simply ridiculous.

At some point it s moot to act this way, you did a choice that is contrary to the most basic principles, just recognize that you did the bad one and that s all, otherwise you ll be stuck in the same situation as someone who would defend Al Capone because he was his godfather or friend.

Last edited:

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
1100 total shootings for 70K police departments in the US but no opinion on the number of killings in places like i mentioned? Typical. And that 1100 does not differentiate between the shot... armed, unarmed, suicide by cop, murdered by cop... I suggest you read the Harvard study.

I'm guessing English isn't your 1st language.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
What do the following have in common??

Fidel Castro
Manuel Noriega
Shah of Iran
Saddam Hussein

Anyone forget about China?

Let's just lift the embargo and stop the two faced bullshit

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
Much more people were killed by Bush than there was people simply jailed for whetever reason in Cuba including common crimes, that s really bad faith from your part.

You absolve large scale crimes and brand violations that are few in comparison as more condemnable, thing is that you voted for a large scale criminal and now you are defending yourself from my accusation not by saying that you didnt measure the extent of your bad choice but by trying to absolve even more the guy you supported with comparison that are simply ridiculous.

At some point it s moot to act this way, you did a choice that is contrary to the most basic principles, just recognize that you did the bad one and that s all, otherwise you ll be stuck in the same situation as someone who would defend Al Capone because he was his godfather or friend.
The moral compromiser extraordinaire. You are the one absolving things, not anybody else. Simply stunning.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Obama didn't praise Castro at all or offer any regret that he is dead . The worst thing you can say about his statement is that he offered his condolences to the Castro family. It almost entirely centered on moving the US-Cuban relationship forward.

Being diplomatic is not "playing the PC card" it's being diplomatic. Like it or not Castro was a personal and political force that had significant influence on the course of events in the western hemisphere. Many central and south American nations don't entirely share our very poor opinion of him for a lot of reasons. If being "PC" means not alienating a big chunk of Latin America for no discernible upside to our interests then put me down for that. The US has this weird fixation on how unfair the Cuban government is and how badly it treats it's people yet seem content to turn a blind eye to the multitude of nations we deal with more evenly despite doing everything Castro did and often much worse.

Personally I never liked him at all and the world is probably a better place now that he's dead.

Castro types toppling brutal despotic regimes is generally a benefit to the people at the bottom of them. It's not a coincidence that the same people hate on the latter now same as they did then; those below them on the social totem to be clear. They were the same sorts all about that segregation & such and the election shows they never died off.

Now they have one of theirs going to the highest office in the land and could barely contain their bliss.

Reactions: MajinCry

MajinCry

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2015
Americans denouncing Castro as an evil dictator, when these same lads prop up the USA as some paragon of morality (spoiler: it's quite the opposite) is just pathetic. Must we take a look at the horrific examples of humanity that the USA personally provided for?

Saddam Hussein? USA's bedboy.

Osama Bin Laden? He was your freedom fighter, before the USA decided to turn on him.

Gaddafi? It's only when he wanted to abandon the dollar as his currency's backing, that the west denounced him as an evil man. Before that, he was our kinda guy.

Pinochet? USA loves them some overthrowing of democracy.

Considering how bad the US rallied against Castro, and the evil that Castro had overthrown...I'm not exactly going to trust Mr. Big Bad calling the little guys names.

Reactions: agent00f

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Americans denouncing Castro as an evil dictator, when these same lads prop up the USA as some paragon of morality (spoiler: it's quite the opposite) is just pathetic. Must we take a look at the horrific examples of humanity that the USA personally provided for?

Saddam Hussein? USA's bedboy.

Osama Bin Laden? He was your freedom fighter, before the USA decided to turn on him.

Gaddafi? It's only when he wanted to abandon the dollar as his currency's backing, that the west denounced him as an evil man. Before that, he was our kinda guy.

Pinochet? USA loves them some overthrowing of democracy.

Considering how bad the US rallied against Castro, and the evil that Castro had overthrown...I'm not exactly going to trust Mr. Big Bad calling the little guys names.

The only reason Cuba/Castro is america's whipping boy was their alliance with our rival superpower.

These suddenly righteously indignant imperialists are all aware of this, and no big surprise they're trying to influence audiences they believe are dumber/lower-info than them with humanitarian rhetoric they give zero shits for.

Also absolutely comical when folks who're all about collectively punishing the cuban people & such pretend to care about human rights.

Last edited:
Reactions: MajinCry