Fidel Castro Applauds Passage of Obama's Health Care Overhaul

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
I don't know much about HC in Cuba but Costa Rica's seemed good when I was there and got in a fender bender. PS - rent a range rover for added mass, those fuckers drive crazy.

Noobtastic

Banned
Jul 9, 2005
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Healthcare_in_Cuba

a life expectancy of 76? that sounds pretty solid, as in good hc. especially for a country that is financially pwn'd be the US via embargoes.

Palestinians have a life expectancy of 75, doesn't mean their healthcare is as great as Israel's or America's.

a high life expectancy does not = awesome H.C.

doctors are underpaid, treatment is frequently denied (patients often have to engage in medieval bartering and favoriting), etc.

Americans would never subject themselves to such a backward process.

delusional Left.

That is ironic considering Cuba produces good doctors.

Doctors make less than janitors. Cuba is experiencing a brain drain because medical professionals are emigrating to states that pay their physicians a livable wage.

Sclamoz

Sep 9, 2009
What a ringing endorsement. Birds of a feather...

Fidel Castro Applauds Passage of Obama's Health Care Overhaul

BARACK Obama is a fanatical believer in the imperialist capitalist system imposed by the United States on the world. "God bless the United States," he ends his speeches.

Some of his acts wounded the sensibility of world opinion, which viewed with sympathy the African-American candidate’s victory over that country’s extreme right-wing candidate. Basing himself on one of the worst economic crises that the world has ever seen, and the pain caused by young Americans who lost their lives or were injured or mutilated in his predecessor’s genocidal wars of conquest, he won the votes of the majority of 50% of Americans who deign to go to the polls in that democratic country.

Out of an elemental sense of ethics, Obama should have abstained from accepting the Nobel Peace Prize when he had already decided to send 40,000 soldiers to an absurd war in the heart of Asia.

You can read the rest of the "endorsement" or you can continue being a ignorant dipshit.

http://www.granma.cu/ingles/2010/marzo/juev25/Reflections-24march.html

ShawnD1

Lifer
May 24, 2003
doctors are underpaid, treatment is frequently denied (patients often have to engage in medieval bartering and favoriting), etc.

Americans would never subject themselves to such a backward process.

I'm sorry, which country did you say you're from? Last time I checked, Americans are regularly denied care.

http://www.healthcarefinancenews.co...-americans-denied-coverage-insurance-industry

Don't have the $12,000 per year to pay for HIV medication? Sorry bro. See you in the afterlife!

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
FWIW of all the world's dictators Fidel is one of the less brutal ones. I mean, if I had to pick a country run by a dictator Cuba would probably be on my short list. :D

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
FWIW of all the world's dictators Fidel is one of the less brutal ones. I mean, if I had to pick a country run by a dictator Cuba would probably be on my short list. :D

Maybe Teabaggers should be moving there since they think Obama is one of the most brutal dictators.