FFXI Question: What to do if your time restricted?

Gunnar

Jan 3, 2000

I have never played an online role playing game before, so I have to ask, what happens if you need to cut out of a mission? What happens in the game, and what happens to your party members?

Im saying this because Im out of college, and Im a working man. On any given night, I might have about 1.5 hours to play this thing. Saturday I could conceivably have the morning and afternoon. Whats more, my friend is also a working man, so our schedules have to coincide.

Does this mean that we are unable to play these things?

Oct 27, 2003
Originally posted by: Gunnar
I have never played an online role playing game before, so I have to ask, what happens if you need to cut out of a mission? What happens in the game, and what happens to your party members?

Im saying this because Im out of college, and Im a working man. On any given night, I might have about 1.5 hours to play this thing. Saturday I could conceivably have the morning and afternoon. Whats more, my friend is also a working man, so our schedules have to coincide.

dont do it! mmrpogs are teh crack!
rolleye.gif

skace

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
mmorpgs are not made for people with limited time. They are made for people with too much time.

You can cut out of most things in ffxi relatelively easily, you just won't get anywhere.

tallest1

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2001

You mean, the missions given to you by your home country? You don't have to complete those within any timeframe, but you can't say "I don't want to do the mission" after you've already accepted it. No biggie though. You can be a lvl 40 character and not have done a single mission or quest.

Gunnar

Jan 3, 2000

but if you dont do that, you learn nothing about the backstory of the game, which makes all your effort pointless, right?

what happens to the other members of your party? Wont they be pissed if you are in the middle of a dungeon?

OREOSpeedwagon

Diamond Member
May 30, 2001
Originally posted by: DigitalDiscord

dont do it! mmrpogs are teh crack!
rolleye.gif

this man speaks the truth!

abaez

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
You can take your time.. but as you progress it gets harder and harder to put a good party together within good levels and classes. So leaving after 1.5 hours would really start to suck for everyone if you play an important class. If you were say a warrior not so much but still.. sometimes it takes an hour just to get a decent party so..