FFRF calls for full investigation into Brett Kavanaugh

Nov 29, 2006
Does anyone think anything will come from this? I'm sure the Trump admin blocked as much digging into his past as they could.

FFRF calls for full investigation into Brett Kavanaugh
July 23, 2021

1KavanaughNationalAA

In the wake of bombshell reports about the FBI’s failure to fully vet Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh, the Freedom From Religion Foundation is calling for an investigation.

Seven senators on Thursday said that newly released materials show the FBI failed to fully investigate sexual misconduct allegations against Kavanaugh when he was a nominee for the high court. The FBI received 4,500 tips, most of which were ignored.

Kavanaugh was credibly accused of sexual assault in an incident that the background investigation had apparently missed. Christine Blasey Ford risked her health and reputation by publicly testifying about the details of Kavanaugh assaulting her in the early 1980s, drawing death threats from Kavanaugh’s fevered supporters. Kavanaugh responded with righteous indignation, lashing out at U.S. senators who would dare to hold him accountable. “What goes around comes around,” he ominously promised.

Around the same time, it was discovered that Kavanaugh had upward of $200,000 in debt that mysteriously vanished just prior to his nomination to the high court. Given Kavanaugh’s lifestyle, it is reportedly unclear how he could have afforded to pay off these debts. This, too, must be investigated.

The FBI deserves much of the blame, but it was also hamstrung by a political process. The White House has the authority to request FBI background checks on nominees and controls the scope of that inquiry and any follow-up. This means the Trump White House, led by a man credibly accused of sexual assault by 26 women, controlled the contours of the Kavanaugh check. Kavanaugh was narrowly confirmed by the U.S. Senate in 2018.
The full extent of Blasey Ford’s claims must be investigated and reported. And the shady financial dealings must be brought to light.

If the investigation shows that Kavanaugh lied to Congress, that would be grounds for impeachment. Only one Supreme Court justice, Samuel Chase in 1804, has ever been impeached, although he was acquitted by the Senate. Regardless of the outcome, a thorough investigation would help to restore public confidence in the Supreme Court and in the nomination process, and begin to heal the damage that has been done over the past four years to one of the pillars of U.S. democracy.

Reactions: hal2kilo and Leeea

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
The Freedom from Religion Foundation?
What are they going to do? Tweet some pictures with their fingers pointing? Lobby their county home inspector?
Internet petitions?
Who exactly are they calling?
Who in the government is going to care about a press release from FFRF enough to call for an investigation?

Reactions: dank69 and UNCjigga
Nov 29, 2006
The Freedom from Religion Foundation?
What are they going to do? Tweet some pictures with their fingers pointing? Lobby their county home inspector?
Internet petitions?
Who exactly are they calling?
Who in the government is going to care about a press release from FFRF enough to call for an investigation?

They have some clout, if anything it can lead to bigger fish picking up the banner.

Nov 8, 2012
awwww you butt-hurt that yet another religious person made it to SCOTUS and other governmental office?

Cry me a river cucks, definitely no bias' here :rolleyes:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
What good is the truth. It is so so inconvenient to the ego, and the ego is everything. I would die had I no pride. Fucxk them all who said I was worthless. My ego says otherwise.

They said I was unfit to be a judge and boy oh boy did I show them, crying in my beer. It was the beer that held her down and we all love beer. There is no sin. And on the court I can do so much good with my great judicial temperament. It would have just been so wrong to be held accountable as a moral abomination. I mean it wasn't like a pubic hair on a can of coke or anything.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Brett can stand as tall as he could, jut his chin out, clenched fists at his waist and proclaim how he is a supreme court judge able to lord over the masses with a quip of his lips and he still would smell as corrupted and unqualified as Trump is.

Reactions: hal2kilo

DaaQ

Golden Member
Dec 8, 2018
awwww you butt-hurt that yet another religious person made it to SCOTUS and other governmental office?

Time to feed the Troll.

Do you actually know what a cuck is? I am sure you do because you know everything. Are you the cuck, or the holder?

Nov 29, 2006

Nothing about this has to do with religion. But it does show you the character of some religious people.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
yeah, umm, nobody in power is gonna do what they demand.
we need the White House to take action and they probably won't.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
yeah, umm, nobody in power is gonna do what they demand.
we need the White House to take action and they probably won't.

Agreed, because conservatives will have a meltdown and the Dem's still care. I'm not expecting much to change, but our descent into madness continues. Driven by theocracy minded nutters and championed by corporate capitalist worshippers.

Edit: the good news is that the more extreme conservatives become, the more they will continue to lose the moderates and elections.

Bad news is they're planning on that, and their play is now to ignore and suppress voters

Last edited:

mect

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2004
Not sure what can be done at this point. He clearly perjured himself during his hearing. He demonstrated that he is totally unhinged. And senate republicans didn't care.

Mar 11, 2004
Time to feed the Troll.

Do you actually know what a cuck is? I am sure you do because you know everything. Are you the cuck, or the holder?

I believe he's one of the weirdly high amount of conservatives that imported their wife but now want to prevent anyone else from coming here. He probably did it deliberately so he wouldn't end up getting cucked by having leverage over her.

Reactions: Meghan54