Ferrari changes nose color on F1 cars

perry

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2000
I have SpeedVision on right now, Ferrari has changed the paint job on their car a little. All sponsors are off the car, and the nose cone has been changed from red to black. Classy move on Ferrari's part, especially knowing how much money they get for their sponsorships at each race.

Car sure looks funny without all the ads on it. Good stuff.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
is there an F1 race this weekend? sweet! i haven't seen one of those in more than a month! (i didn't have cable for about 5 months)

Midnight Rambler

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999

<< Classy move on Ferrari's part, especially knowing how much money they get for their sponsorships at each race. >>

Yes, a nice gesture on Ferrari's part. However, it's not costing them in sponsor money. Those contracts are for, at minimum, an entire season or more, and Ferrari have the fewest sponsors on their car of any team by a wide margin. Marlboro, Shell, FedEx, Tic Tac, and TIM, and many of their decals are very small to begin with, excepting Marlboro. Also, they can't run the Marlboro logo at races in any country which bans tobacco advertising, yet they still get a full year's sponsorship from Marlboro. Prestige goes a long way, don't it ?

perry

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2000
Then a classy move on Marlboro's part, not raising hell with Ferrari for removing the ads in a country that does allow them.

At any rate, it's still nice of Ferrari to remove all the sponsor's ads. Money or not. Better than what Ford (Jaguar) has done this weekend -- nothing.