Female Urinals: Pros and Cons.

Total Refected Power

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
I saw a prototype for a female urinal to reduce congestion in stall only facilities. It was designed around the male urinal concept except it had a gas mask type apparatus hooked up to a hose for transport to the ceramic fixture. I am not sure if the women are supposed to get a snug fit with the "mask" or just aim.

Doesn't sound very sanitary to me but the need for innovation is always present.

BigSmooth

Lifer
Aug 18, 2000
I hope to God that it's not supposed to be a "snug fit". That would just be... absolutely filthy. Esp. in a public bathroom. Gross!! :disgust:

Even if they have to "aim", that is still going to make for one disgusting bathroom.

ltk007

Banned
Feb 24, 2000
CONS: Everything
PRO: Fast

I was in a stadium bathroom (I'm a guy, ignore my icon) one time and like 5 women came in cause their bathroom was so crowded. They need to do something about that, but female urinals sound like a bad idea. Think of how disgusting those things would be. Why don't they just put a drain into the floor and have designated squatting places, that'd probably be more sanitary ;)

BigSmooth

Lifer
Aug 18, 2000
Seriously! I mean, what if a woman is taller/shorter than average? Do they have to actually *grab* this "gas mask" and adjust it to their height? I wouldn't be touching that thing with rubber gloves on!

ChrichtonsGirl

Platinum Member
Aug 24, 2000
No woman (well, none that I could think of) would do a group pee thing using one of those devices. It's bad enough we beat ourselves up over our bodies, how many women want to drop their pants and squat in front of other women?

The whole concept sounds sort of gross and unsanitary.

<shudder>

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
ChrictonsGirl is right, that is just nasty. No woman in her right mind would use one of those, ever.

Total Refected Power

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
I saw this contraption on a TV talk show and the response by the ladies in the audience was less than positive.

They did have a partition to make it more discrete but I love the mental image of a row of women standing there with these things hooked up.

BTW, it was designed by a man. I guess you ladies would figure that!

Total Refected Power

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
I guess we should't invest in this business.

Still give credit for them trying.

I hate waiting for my wife while she vists the restroom. Me and about 50 other guys are holding up the wall waitin'. ;)

Gosh, why do women have such small tanks?

thebestMAX

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
This one really stumps me for a funny answer but I am not going to take this lying down.

CyberSax

Banned
Mar 12, 2000
BTW, it was designed by a man. I guess you ladies would figure that!

You sure about that? That site posted above would disagree with you:

The device, called the 'She-inal', designed by Kathy Kidder Jones, resembles a urinal for men, but has a hose attached to it and is enclosed by partitions. She was inspired to draw up her plans by her irritation at long queues and unclean facilities in public toilets. Because the cubicles are narrower than traditional toilets, more can be fitted into the same space; and because users do not have to undress as much, the process is quicker and queues move faster.

Unless they were similar apparateses developed by 2 different people, which is not impossible.

Total Refected Power

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
CyberSax:

Yea, I saw that too.

That must make all the difference.

I don't think the guy had the tissue for wiping. ;)

Women are so much more sensitive than men.