FEMA Chief Warns of New Normal after Tornadoes Wrecked Havoc on 6 States.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
Yea.I don't see humanity chaning course anytime soon. We are just too ignorant and have too much ego. Science deniers. The extreme belief in silly religions is what will do us in.

Last edited:

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
News reports are saying the big one that seems to have traveled on the ground for over 200 miles, was a mile wide and went through 6 states was at least an EF4 and probably a 5 - the highest range on the enhanced Fujita scale.

If that really is something we should expect for the future, I don't know what people in the central US can do. I'm watching some of the news coverage and a lot of peeps don't even have a basement or any kind of underground shelter.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Don’t worry about us in Florida. DeSantis has already figured out how to protect us from climate change without using any left wing stuff.

• Haha
Reactions: hal2kilo

Xcobra

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2004
Hey, like the comments I keep seeing on the internet, those people will just adapt and move elsewhere where there are no tornadoes. Easy fix. Duh!

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
So long as big business can't make more profit than they are now by jumping on the climate change bandwagon, they will vociferously fight any efforts at mitigating the harmful effects that global warming is causing.

I'm pretty sure all of those conservative folks who've had their homes and possessions destroyed by these increasingly severe weather incidents will forever tow the Repub party line as dictated by their corporate overlords and stubbornly refuse to acknowledge what is right in front of their very eyes. It's happening, they're grievously affected but it won't matter to them until FOX News tells them to.

Reactions: hal2kilo

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
Pretty horrible. I can't imagine the feelings involved of those that lost everything, where do they even go after this. Since this is PO I'll offer up my thoughts and prayers, that should help.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Hey, like the comments I keep seeing on the internet, those people will just adapt and move elsewhere where there are no tornadoes. Easy fix. Duh!

When i moved from New Orleans to Birmingham, AL thirty years ago i felt a sigh of relief. No more hurricanes. Then I found out I was in a tornado alley. Now I'm in west central Florida and we have both.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
The more I learn about the rest of the freaking world, the more I appreciate New England.... Hurricanes, Nor'Easters and blizzards can really suck but at least there's plenty of time to see them coming!

Xcobra

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2004
When i moved from New Orleans to Birmingham, AL thirty years ago i felt a sigh of relief. No more hurricanes. Then I found out I was in a tornado alley. Now I'm in west central Florida and we have both.
Nah, man. You're supposed to be doing the opposite! 😛