Feedback on headset I just purchased: GE headset 98993

Comdrpopnfresh

Golden Member
Jul 25, 2006
I had a cheapo pair of force-feedback headphones that recently kicked the bucket.
I picked up these @ target for ~$20, and wanna make sure they'll perform well for gaming and music listening. Only think is, there are no technical specs for them I've found. They're bud-style like the sennheiser cx300's I adore for use w/ my ipod, but I'd like to know how the specs compare.

mpilchfamily

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2007
Your link is bad. Current link is:
https://http//www.jascoproducts.com/products/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=&idproduct=726

Correct link is:
https://www.jascoproducts.com/...ategory=&idproduct=726

But sound performance can be a bit subjective. Now i for one don't like the buds. Buds are very limited in there ability to reproduce good bass. So you miss out on allot durring gameing. They will be good with your iPod but i wouldn't use them with your PC. If you want good gaming headphones then get a full size set with a nice 45mm driver so you can get the full range of audio games offer for a stereo set of speaker/hedphones.

Comdrpopnfresh

Golden Member
Jul 25, 2006
hmmm- interesting. I liked using my sennheiser's w/ css- just because the isolation of sounds w/ the buds seemed to help me pinpoint sources of sounds, such as footsteps, much better. That, and no pressure or ear fatigue I typically get w/ budget circumaurals.
These GE buds must have an extremely low impedance- at least I think that's the property, as the volume on my ipod turned to the lowest notch above 0 is fairly sufficient. Plus, they don't have as much of a gasket fit as my sennheisers- so the volume production is huge. There's no bulges where an opamp could be either- plus no inline battery.
thanks for posting the good link- I'll edit it to work.

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
Your link now works OK. But, I'm scratching my head. Why ask if something is any good after you bought it? Seems to me that you can tell us after you use them. :)

Comdrpopnfresh

Golden Member
Jul 25, 2006
Well, I had bought a cheap logitech pair at target last week, but they were usb and produced more static then clear sounds. I end up going to target at least once a month, as it is also my pharmacy. So with that in mind, if the GE pair bites, I'll have an opportunity to return them without going out of my way.

Oddly, I have noticed something from using them. There is static on the fp-audio line. I'm sure it's because I ran the cable under the motherboard, so it's probably getting all kinds of e-m interference from a number of traces and components. Not so bothersome when gaming, but if I were watching a DVD I'll have to reroute the wire in advance, or plug into the remote control for my z-2300 speakers.

I don't have all that much time on my hands to go through a vast sampling of different stylings of music tracks or other sounds, so if the pair had crackling at the upper frequencies, I wouldn't want to find it out on my own, say, listening to the battle of evermore by chance 31 days from now. lol