Feds arrest NSA leaker

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
Leaker of NSA info, not NSA employee (although the NSA might be the one contracting them). Not sure how to change OP title to clarify

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
Strange name. Unfortunate to see such an attractive and capable young woman arrested and likely to spend time in jail. I guess the intercept exercises a different level of due diligence with snowden than it does with other american sources. Or, perhaps, the sources themselves exercised different levels of security management.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
So the leak report is a report to further the OMG Russia! tantrum? Alrighty then...

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
This isn't Benghazi. Sorry you can't deal with idea that there's investigations due to the facts that keep coming up.

Mmmm...those facts. From...those sources. :D Sorta knew that was the direction they'd be going when the reason the non-Fox Media wouldn't cover WikiLeaks during the election was OMG Russia! LOL It worked so well, they just kept going with it...

Honestly, I don't think it's just Dems pushing the leaks and the Russia angle, I think it's Reps as well. The powers that be that control both sides of the aisle get to control Trump, and the Russia boogeyman is sufficient to do so. Just because they couldn't get their girl Billary in there, doesn't mean they lost full control.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
So the leak report is a report to further the OMG Russia! tantrum? Alrighty then...

I don't know what her intentions were but the leak shows Russian interference or attempts at the very least in the election process. There's nothing about the campaign in the leak. All that means is that the only thing that can be demonstrated is that the Russians were involved in some way but there's no mention of any party or person on the US side.

It is what it is.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Funny, and I was the guy who, since November, time and time again kept saying that there was no evidence Russia hacked voting machines and anyone who believed that needed to get a life. I apologize for being wrong if indeed there were attempts made (successful or not.) I thought voting hacks were fake news, but sounds like the NSA has verified the document.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Funny, and I was the guy who, since November, time and time again kept saying that there was no evidence Russia hacked voting machines and anyone who believed that needed to get a life. I apologize for being wrong if indeed there were attempts made (successful or not.) I thought voting hacks were fake news, but sounds like the NSA has verified the document.

The report doesn't say that machines were hacked. What was revealed was Russians feeling around and attempting to gather information on them. At this time there is no reason to believe that Russians manipulated the vote tally.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
The report doesn't say that machines were hacked. What was revealed was Russians feeling around and attempting to gather information on them. At this time there is no reason to believe that Russians manipulated the vote tally.

i don't think i've heard anyone claim they did manipulate the vote tally.

they did however manipulate the voters and there is ample evidence of collusion with the Trump team.

most importantly, they will do it again in the future with more knowledge of our systems.

today's leak is important and something all Americans should be aware of. unfortunately for Trumpbots, as evidenced in this very thread, the facts no longer matter.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
I don't know what her intentions were but the leak shows Russian interference or attempts at the very least in the election process. There's nothing about the campaign in the leak. All that means is that the only thing that can be demonstrated is that the Russians were involved in some way but there's no mention of any party or person on the US side.

It is what it is.

All it is, is to keep 'Russia Influence!' and the election fresh in the public mind for as long as possible. If you're the Dems, you have no other playbook other than Resist!, and throw as much tantrum, crap, and BS up as possible, inflated to as high of a degree as possible, so as to make it Fact that that terrible Trump himself personally conspired with Putin to sabotage the election and deny Everyone's (We're All With Her!) vote. The Dems have to go this way because 2018 is a do or die year for them. Their subtle/semi-subtle Media and Hollywood didn't quite deliver for them in 2016, so now they have to quit the subtle tactics and go scorched earth: They have nothing to lose, so they mine as well.

On the other side, the Reps have a Rep in the WH however he's not really their Rep, he's more of an Ind who just said <insert party leaning shit> to get elected (like every other candidate for POTUS political office who's ever ran). So they can't enable Trump to be successful. Enough lead to move forward on stuff they want to move forward on, enough to rope to reign him back in so Trump can't make progress on this or that.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I really doubt they had anything to do with our election, so, fine?

The hacking & timely release of DNC & Podesta emails didn't give fresh ammo to the Trump team, the right wing noise machine & concern trolls for Bernie?

Or do you simply deny that to be the work of the Russians?

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
All it is, is to keep 'Russia Influence!' and the election fresh in the public mind for as long as possible. If you're the Dems, you have no other playbook other than Resist!, and throw as much tantrum, crap, and BS up as possible, inflated to as high of a degree as possible, so as to make it Fact that that terrible Trump himself personally conspired with Putin to sabotage the election and deny Everyone's (We're All With Her!) vote. The Dems have to go this way because 2018 is a do or die year for them. Their subtle/semi-subtle Media and Hollywood didn't quite deliver for them in 2016, so now they have to quit the subtle tactics and go scorched earth: They have nothing to lose, so they mine as well.

On the other side, the Reps have a Rep in the WH however he's not really their Rep, he's more of an Ind who just said <insert party leaning shit> to get elected (like every other candidate for POTUS political office who's ever ran). So they can't enable Trump to be successful. Enough lead to move forward on stuff they want to move forward on, enough to rope to reign him back in so Trump can't make progress on this or that.

sorry, but what you are attempting to mock is indeed reality. again, enjoy being on the side of treason, Comrade.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000

It's a good idea to understand what this does and does not demonstrate. There is nothing here which shows collusion. In fact there's nothing political here at all.

But much of what Trump and others have claimed is that Russian interference is a Dem constructed plot, and what this does is put a bullet in the head of that idea.

Already I have read on other sites that this woman is one of thousands in the NSA who are manufacturing intel to get Trump and this woman is part of a great conspiracy.

Guess what I'm going with? What the FBI, CIA and NSA have found, and there is damning evidence concerning some individuals such as Flynn. Again that's a separate issue, but this is becoming much too much for all of this to be a conspiracy or coincidence. Will it lead to Trump? I have no idea. That's for Mueller and those like him to determine, but some others are certainly screwed.

So when you hear that it's the Dems inventing things and the Russians are innocent you know better.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
How does it feel to be on the same side of history as McCarthy?

That would be faceless accusation. We have plenty of facts...with more coming every day. But you being a russian operative yourself know this.

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
It is a little funny to me, that the only thing that was "hacked" was a personal email account. That showed what was really going on at the DNC. Up to this point there is zero proof that any actual voting machines were affected. If they hadn't of done anything wrong, the emails wouldn't have done any damage. But facts are facts, and it did hurt Hillary. I don't like that anyone or country tried to interfere with our elections, what is done is done. Here come the typical attacks that I am a Russian cohort, of that I have no doubt.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
It is a little funny to me, that the only thing that was "hacked" was a personal email account. That showed what was really going on at the DNC. Up to this point there is zero proof that any actual voting machines were affected. If they hadn't of done anything wrong, the emails wouldn't have done any damage. But facts are facts, and it did hurt Hillary. Here come the typical attacks that I am a Russian cohort, of that I have no doubt.

DNC e-mails were released by Russia, but no Republicans e-mails or documents were, even though many were also hacked.

fake news is the opposite of facts and we know that Russia used social media to spread fake news to the voters most likely to vote Trump.

Russia attacked our electorate and influenced the outcome of the election, it's just that simple.