FedEx irritates me..

Sukhoi

Elite Member
Dec 5, 1999
Ok, Wednesday night I order some batteries FedEx Express Saver (3-4 day) from Newegg in California to me in Ohio. FedEx FLEW the batteries from LA to Indiana yesterday, and got them to Ohio overnight. I check this morning and see that they've been loaded up on the delivery truck and sent out. So I'm thinking cool, I'll get them in two days. Well, they never came today. I go back online and find out that they didn't bother to deliver the stuff today because "package not due for delivery"!!! :|:| What's up with this? I didn't get good enough shipping to actually get the stuff when it arrives? Why did they bother to fly my batteries here to let them sit in a warehouse all weekend so I can get them on Monday?

End rant. :)

atrowe

Banned
May 20, 2001
Stop whining. You paid for 3-4 business days and that's what you're going to get. If you wanted two day service, you should have paid extra for it. FedEx did nothing outside of the terms which you agreed to when you chose the shipping option.

fr

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
UPS has done the same thing to me multiple times before. You won't get it any faster than you paid for.

hans007

Lifer
Feb 1, 2000
if they are really busy that day , they are not gonna deliver your stuff. consider it a bonus. they usually deliver my stuff the day it arrives, but i consider it a bonus.

bUnMaNGo

Feb 9, 2000

<< You won't get it any faster than you paid for. >>

not true. I ordered 3 day shipping for a product and it arrived the next day. the distance was rediculously short though, Cerritos to Riverside, CA.

Delivered on: Mar 1, 2002 11:20 A.M.
Signed by: TAMEKA
Delivered to: RIVERSIDE, CA, US
Shipped or Billed on: Feb 28, 2002

Tracking Number: 1Z 947 EW5 12 4101 440 5
Service Type: 3 DAY SELECT
Weight: 4.00 Lbs

PACKAGE PROGRESS
Date Time Location Activity
Mar 1, 2002 11:20 A.M. RIVERSIDE, CA, US DELIVERY
5:00 A.M. RIVERSIDE, CA, US OUT FOR DELIVERY
2:45 A.M. RIVERSIDE, CA, US ARRIVAL SCAN
1:31 A.M. CERRITOS, CA, US DEPARTURE SCAN
Feb 28, 2002 6:04 P.M. CERRITOS, CA, US ORIGIN SCAN
3:21 P.M. US BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Tracking results provided by UPS: May 3, 2002 9:22 P.M. Eastern Time (USA)

neener neener :p

Sukhoi

Elite Member
Dec 5, 1999
atrowe, I'm just disappointed that my package is sitting here but I won't get it until Monday. I know I got 3-4 day shipping, I was just hoping since it was here on day 2, I would get it on day 2.

bozo1

Diamond Member
May 21, 2001

<< I was just hoping since it was here on day 2, I would get it on day 2. >>

That's exactly why Fedex now commonly holds them until the delivery date. People were starting to 'assume' that they would get their 3-day packages in 1-2 and less people were paying for overnight. (Info from a good friend of mine that is a supervisor there.)

Anyway, this topic seems to be rehashed here weekly. :)

Feb 24, 2001

<< atrowe, I'm just disappointed that my package is sitting here but I won't get it until Monday. I know I got 3-4 day shipping, I was just hoping since it was here on day 2, I would get it on day 2. >>

That's exactly it. They don't want you to get it in two days. If they did that for everyone, no one would pay for 2-day shipping. They'd just go ahead and get the Saver knowing that there is a good chance it will get there early.

edit: woops I read every reply but the last one :eek:

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Wonder if you can sue them for taking longer than what you paid for then.

gentobu

Golden Member
Jul 6, 2001
Fedex does that all the time here in hawaii. I just check the tracking info, print it out and take it down to the fedex depot and get my package a couple days early!

ChefJoe

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2002
UPS likes to do phantom "out for delivery/delivery attempts" that never occur in my area. I have had it happen where there's no slip left or I was home the entire day only to see these falsified things on their tracking page.

RGN

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2000
I regulary get packages from UPS sooner than expected. They have never wrecked something that was shipped to me, unlike Fedex.