Federal bailout of Calif???

andy04

Dec 14, 2006
Why do we want to BAILOUT Calif again ???? :|
Its the land of the richest people in America, the Hollywood, some cities there spend millions on protecting illegal immigrants. Why will the rest of the country pay for the medical bill and education of illegal immigrants again ???? Its the land of the fucking green loons how sit on trees when the govt in Washington is screwing the rest of America. They made environmental laws so bad that all manufacturing jobs disappeared from US and went to china where same things are being manufactured with twice as much pollution. .

SELL THE FVCKING STATE TO CHINA

andy04

Dec 14, 2006
Originally posted by: Brovane
How is a loan a bailout?

How are those morons going to pay back? with their current policy I would be surprised if the state survives another year. They have the highest unemployment and worst housing market where you get buy one get one free homes

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: andy04
Its the land of the richest people in America, the Hollywood, some cities there spend millions on protecting illegal immigrants. Why will the rest of the country pay for the medical bill and education of illegal immigrants again ???? Its the land of the fucking green loons how sit on trees when the govt in Washington is screwing the rest of America. They made environmental laws so bad that all manufacturing jobs disappeared from US and went to china where same things are being manufactured with twice as much pollution. .

Yeah, it had nothing to do with profiting from cheaper labor. Nothing at all... :roll:

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
You could have just posted "I'm a Knuckle Dragging Tree Swinging Moron" and gotten the same point across. FYI Tarzan, the amount CA co tributes to the Federal Gov is a hell of a lot more than 7 billion dollars.

retrospooty

Platinum Member
Apr 3, 2002
I was born and raised in Ca, for 32 years. I left there 4 years ago for Arizona, becasue it just sucks there now.

Ca. is the richest state in the richest country on earth... They make more money per capita than the rest of us and have more population than the rest of the states... They also spend near the botton per child on education, they also have one of the highest tax rates. By all that info they should be rolling in the dough. Total mismanagement going back decades. It's one of the most corrupt financial system I have ever seen. Basically its just like the national level, the money goes to the corporate buddies of the states leaders, then the state cries bankrupt.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
Originally posted by: retrospooty
I was born and raised in Ca, for 32 years. I left there 4 years ago for Arizona, becasue it just sucks there now.

Ca. is the richest state in the richest country on earth... They make more money per capita than the rest of us and have more population than the rest of the states... They also spend near the botton per child on education, they also have one of the highest tax rates. By all that info they should be rolling in the dough. Total mismanagement going back decades. It's one of the most corrupt financial system I have ever seen. Basically its just like the national level, the money goes to the corporate buddies of the states leaders, then the state cries bankrupt.

Dude, watch your back. You're about to be descended upon.

Mursilis

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
FYI Tarzan, the amount CA co tributes to the Federal Gov is a hell of a lot more than 7 billion dollars.

So? They've got a large and powerful Congressional delegation; if they're tired of all their money heading east, they should do something about it, something besides beg for a pittance back.

andy04

Dec 14, 2006
You could have just posted "I'm a Knuckle Dragging Tree Swinging Moron" and gotten the same point across. FYI Tarzan, the amount CA co tributes to the Federal Gov is a hell of a lot more than 7 billion dollars.

Oh ya Smart ass, how about some figures??? or you are just babbling... Please enlighten us with some real figures about how much CA "co tributes" :laugh:

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Mursilis
FYI Tarzan, the amount CA co tributes to the Federal Gov is a hell of a lot more than 7 billion dollars.

So? They've got a large and powerful Congressional delegation; if they're tired of all their money heading east, they should do something about it, something besides beg for a pittance back.

Yeah they should get their shit together just like our Federal Government needs to get it's shit together. However to assert that the country would be better off without CA is moronic especially when you take into consideration all the money CA generates for the country which benefits Podunk states like the one Handy Andy lives in.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

Oh ya Smart ass, how about some figures??? or you are just babbling... Please enlighten us with some real figures about how much CA "<co tributes" :laugh:
What, you can't figure out how to use Google? Are you John McCain?

yowolabi

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Mursilis

Secede?

Specop 007

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005

You could have just said "I'm a retarded ATDU'er who doesnt know anything" and made the same point.
FYI droolbag federal tax contributions have nothing to do with state budgets.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Hate the game, not the player, Andy. You should know that.

Let's take a look at some facts, which this thread seems dramatically short of:

In fiscal year 2003, Californians? tax payments to the federal treasury exceeded federal spending in the state by $50 billion, a record high. For every tax dollar paid by Californians in 2003, the federal government spent 79 cents for grants, wages, contracts, retirement benefits, etc. It was California?s 18th year in a row as a net donor state.

Link

CA contributes more than it takes from the feds. Take that Alaska!

More facts:

California is responsible for 13% of the United States' gross domestic product (GDP). The state's GDP is at about $1.7 trillion (as of 2006).

However, in the 2007 Goldman Sachs analyst survey, California posted record GDP of 67% of the US GDP

Per capita personal income was $38,956 as of 2006, ranking 11th in the nation

California's overall tax burden of $10.66 per $100 of personal income is slightly above the $10.43 average for the United States.

Wiki

Interesting. :)

yowolabi

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2001

Oh ya Smart ass, how about some figures??? or you are just babbling... Please enlighten us with some real figures about how much CA "<<co tributes" :laugh:

I'll do the work just

As of 2005, California received .78 dollars from the federal government for every dollar they send to it.

Text

heyheybooboo

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2007
Originally posted by: yowolabi

Oh ya Smart ass, how about some figures??? or you are just babbling... Please enlighten us with some real figures about how much CA "<<<co tributes" :laugh:

I'll do the work just

As of 2005, California received .78 dollars from the federal government for every dollar they send to it.

Text
""Well, dagburnit, Yowolabi, there yah go with all those facts and stuff like some ol' Main Street Maverick making the OP and Andy look like a couple of real dumb arses, you betcha, Country First, Joe Six-Pack, not answering questions and speakin' right to the country ....""

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Originally posted by: Specop 007

You could have just said "I'm a retarded ATDU'er who doesnt know anything" and made the same point.
FYI droolbag federal tax contributions have nothing to do with state budgets.

That wasn't the point. Andy04, and (it seems like) every other conservative out there LOVES to bitch about California when the truth is that, despite their budget problems, the state is pretty successful economically...certainly far more so than many red states. If it's the prime example of liberal ideas run amok (or whatever you guys are talking about), it doesn't exactly prove your point about liberalism very well.

Specop 007

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005
Originally posted by: Rainsford

That wasn't the point. Andy04, and (it seems like) every other conservative out there LOVES to bitch about California when the truth is that, despite their budget problems, the state is pretty successful economically...certainly far more so than many red states. If it's the prime example of liberal ideas run amok (or whatever you guys are talking about), it doesn't exactly prove your point about liberalism very well.

Pretty successful economically as described how? By the amount of money sent to the Federal government in the form of taxes? In the success of the state ran budget? As defined by the state GDP compared to other state GDP's?

"Pretty successful" is "pretty misleading" because from a standpoint of the state budget California seems to be a dismal failure.

However they are not alone as seen Here. Granted thats a county versus a state but none the less I see some really bad economic times ahead for a lot of states and counties. Providing a bailout to one state is almost a green light to hand out money to any state that asks.

But to the point. If you ask for a Federal bailout you damn well open yourself up to criticism of your past spending and budget.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
I never understood the left fascination with complaining about California's tax situation of giving more to the feds than recieving. That is a classic redistribution of wealth. Something they advocate on a daily basis.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000

Yeah they should get their shit together just like our Federal Government needs to get it's shit together. However to assert that the country would be better off without CA is moronic especially when you take into consideration all the money CA generates for the country which benefits Podunk states like the one Handy Andy lives in.

100 years of mercantilism benefits the "Podunk" states?

don't forget the epicenter of the subprime sh!tstorm is california.

Mursilis

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001
Originally posted by: Rainsford

It proves exactly how silly it is that CA sends so much money east and gets so little back. So why haven't they learned yet that sending money east is a bad investment? You'd think the CA Congressional delegation would be a bunch of tax-cutting small gov't types, judging by the way they're getting $.78 on every dollar they send east. They're getting raped and they're not even trying to stop it. Serves 'em right then.

alphatarget1

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001

stfu. credit markets are frozen so many states can't sell their bonds.

Which sh!tty state do you live in?

winnar111

Banned
Mar 10, 2008
Fvcking idiots. Maybe they should stop trying to dump money into stem cell research and the environfundie movement.