Federal appeals court tosses Democrats' emolument clause lawsuit vs Trump

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
There's something truly fucked up in the head about people who believe it's ok for a political leader to be above the law and the Constitution just because that leader is on their "side."

I think you're confused because of an assumption you're making. Most of the people you're referring to do not believe that any criminal activity has occurred to begin with. If the common individual only listens to news that orients itself to their beliefs and that news tells them that these things are false...then why would they believe otherwise?

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
No, but I'll give you one. In anything approaching a just world, Clinton would have been hung for this absolutely hideous war crime.

When I was young, it seemed so simple.
We were the good guys.
The USSR was the bad guys.

Then I grew up, did the whole "education" thing and paid attention.

Al-Shifa is but a drop in the bucket to the murder\chaos machine the United States truly is.
Even with all the crap we've done for decades, I think its worse today.

Prior, people in the US lived in blissful ignorance. Taking comfort that we keeping the evil commies at bay.

Nowadays,
People don't give a fuck and get their rocks off on all the crap we do.
If Al-Shifa happened today, complete with people live streaming the attack and complete documentation of both the carnage and the evidence that it was an attack based on BS, the Average American would snuggle up to their tactical edition reading lamp under the soft glow of foxnews opinion pieces while shopping for tactical edition but plugs.
"good shoot"

1990's was a fucked up time period funded by technological revolution

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
No, but I'll give you one. In anything approaching a just world, Clinton would have been hung for this absolutely hideous war crime.

Remember when Trump ordered an airstrike on the general of one of our military allies, inside the confines of a civilian airfield, killing him and 9 other innocents? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I think you're confused because of an assumption you're making. Most of the people you're referring to do not believe that any criminal activity has occurred to begin with. If the common individual only listens to news that orients itself to their beliefs and that news tells them that these things are false...then why would they believe otherwise?

I don't disagree with you. But at the same time, maybe they should re-orient their beliefs and their news to conform with verifiable facts and truths. For the President to personally accept payments from foreign entities, for any reason, is a very straightforward violation of the Emoluments clause. To believe otherwise is to either not understand the Constitution or (as the President's lawyers are arguing) to believe that the President is above the law. Or both.

Last edited:

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Funny thing is the painting is pretty accurate!!

It would be interesting if anyone has anything anywhere approaching data on this.

Funny enough I'm drawn to Sanders for reasons not having to do with his policies and in exact contrast to Trump.

I think the "Bernie Bros" who get highlighted are the exact opposite.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Friendly reminder that you're not talking about the majority of Sanders supporters who are really getting tired of being painted this way.

Then learn to read.

I said SOME....not all, not most, SOME, which indicates a MINORITY. English not your native language? If not, I understand your confusion.

Reactions: JEDIYoda

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Friendly reminder that you're not talking about the majority of Sanders supporters who are really getting tired of being painted this way.

I have to agree. I still prefer Bernie for a number of reasons however in a Trump vs Yellow Dog Democrat the dog wins so Biden is going to have overwhelming support and I dare say the number who vote for Trump will be in the Flatlander believer range.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Then learn to read.

I said SOME....not all, not most, SOME, which indicates a MINORITY. English not your native language? If not, I understand your confusion.

Let's hold up a min. Yes you mention some but there is a rather broad brush that you may not be using but it exists in public perception and amplified for sensationalist purposes. Note I've not and never had said you were one of the irrationals, just to be clear.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Then learn to read.

Oh, did you? Let's go to tape...
It's too bad Sanders lost the nomination to a moderate. The frustrating thing is Sanders' supporters don't believe he (Biden) passes their purity Olympics, so they'll just have to vote for Trump because the Dems are just soooo mean and impure and not liberal enough, so there!!!!.

That's the sad part. Sanders' supporters failed in 2018 to deliver one single seat in Congress. Sure, they put their support behind a bunch of incumbents that got re-elected (that's the easy part), but turning a single seat? Nada.....powerless. Some of them, obviously the most vocal but also the most visible, seem to be acting like spoiled brats, so when asked to work with others for a common purpose, which is essentially low hanging fruit.....? Well, you can see those results from posts made on this board....and thread.

LOL!!!
Hm, I guess maybe I have some weird filter enabled that makes it not show up for me? Or I guess maybe I'm such shit at English it's invisible to me? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: HumblePie