FEAR Director's Edition and Quake 4 Special Edition for $44.99 at Fry's Electronics

RMSistight

Golden Member
Oct 2, 2003
Fry's has FEAR Director's Edition and Quake 4 Special Edition for $44.99. Both of these titles come in DVD-ROM so everything is on one disc.

IMO to me for FEAR, it's still not worth the extra $8 get the Director's Edition. The rest of the stuff I don't really care about. Also, when I install the game I only install it once, use the NO-CD patch and the rest of the game media gets stored away.

Out of thes two games, Gamespot.com gave FEAR a 9.1 which is a SUPERB rating while giving Quake 4 an 8.0.

You can also pricematch to Circuit City. This week, when you buy FEAR (I don't know if you have to get the regular CD-ROM version or DVD or either) , you also get a $10 gift card. So in the end you get the 100% PM AND the $10 gift card.

fbrdphreak

Lifer
Apr 17, 2004
Not too shabby at all. IIRC, Director's Edition is DVD right? IMO DVD is worth it, what is it like 5 CDs for games now? :Q

RMSistight

Golden Member
Oct 2, 2003
Originally posted by: fbrdphreak
Not too shabby at all. IIRC, Director's Edition is DVD right? IMO DVD is worth it, what is it like 5 CDs for games now? :Q

Yeah the Director's Edition is DVD-ROM. It's still not worth it to me for the extra $8 compared to the regular CD version at Fry's. I really don't care about the extra stuff and I only install the game once anyways. And yes FEAR comes in 5 CDs. It didn't really take that long to install.....about 10 mins I'd say.

Super56K

Golden Member
Feb 27, 2004
For those of us like myself who don't have a Fry's that is very close Gogamer.com has Fear dvd edition for $42.90 + shipping here

pxc

Platinum Member
May 2, 2002
I picked up the regular edition of FEAR today. It is $36.99 again through 10/25.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
q]Originally posted by: Ryland
any good deals on Quake?[/quote]
Link[

Ryland

Platinum Member
Aug 9, 2001
I should have specified Non-Fry deals since there aren't any Fry's within about a day of where I live.

At Outpost