FBI Suspects Israel Has Mole in Pentagon

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Drift3r

Jun 3, 2003
Originally posted by: Frenchie
Mine do as well, but I prefer to not be a hypocrite.

No this has nothing to do with being a hypocrite and everything to do with our national secuirty and our soverignty being subverted. This is not a playground issue to forget about if you are loyal to this nation.

maddogchen

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2004
Originally posted by: Drift3r

Where are you loyalties ?? Mine lay with the Unitied States of America and not with Israel.

well you could say in terms of loyalties
you->US->Israel
;)

Drift3r

Jun 3, 2003
Originally posted by: maddogchen

Where are you loyalties ?? Mine lay with the Unitied States of America and not with Israel.

well you could say in terms of loyalties
you->US->Israel
;)

No it's more like: me, my family and this nation > everyone else when I feel like it.

Frenchie

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 22, 1999
Of all the countries with spies in our governement, the Israeli spies are the least of our concerns. Would I like for there to be no spies in our govt? Of course. Is it going to happen anytime soon? Nope.

maluckey

Platinum Member
Jan 31, 2003
So I guess we would all be shocked to find American spies in Canada and Great Britain? NOT! Any country worth it's salt has spies in as many govts. as possible.

Drift3r

Jun 3, 2003
Sorry guys but that "Everyone else does it so it's okay" arguement doesn't cut it at all especially when your beloved Israel get's caught red-handed. There is no excuse for this at all !

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Frenchie
Mine do as well, but I prefer to not be a hypocrite.

No this has nothing to do with being a hypocrite and everything to do with our national secuirty and our soverignty being subverted. This is not a playground issue to forget about if you are loyal to this nation.

Will the "liberal" media pick this up and run with it or will they keep covering the lying swiftboat veterans?

Drift3r

Jun 3, 2003
Originally posted by: GTaudiophile
Do I sense some anti-Semitism in here?

A.) Must Jews today are not Semites most of them are of European decent and most Semites are not Hebrews.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=semite

B.) So what you are saying is that anytime someone criticizes Jessie Jackson and his extortion ring they must be a KKK member just like anyone who criticizes Israel must be a NAZI right ??

rextilleon

Feb 19, 2004
I sense a hostility towards Israel in this room among the leftists (who I often support). First of all, lets clear up some misconceptions. First is that somehow Republicans are the only ones who have given Israel a pass. The Democratic party has always been a great supporter of Israel--thats a fact. Second, the need to jump immediately and attack Israel by the left based on an investigation that hasn't really yielded anything as of yet. Just calm down and wait for it to play out. Third, the naviety in thinking that our allies dont spy on us and that we dont spy on our allies. So what are we left with--we are left with this nasty, almost illogical attack on Israel.

I'll say it again---I feel that the hate of Israel by the left goes beyond rationality and is often anti-semitic in nature. Megaworks pronouncement that "I think that Paul Wolfowitz and Douglas Feith are more loyal to Israel then the US" is so typical of classic anti-semitism---The Jews have no loyalty to the country they live in----how sad.

arsbanned

Banned
Dec 12, 2003

Question Israel and it's policies, or decry the fact that they have a mole placed in the Pentagon means we're anti-Semites? THAT is why we will never have a reasonable Israel policy, that attitude.

he left based on an investigation that hasn't really yielded anything as of yet.
How about my earlier point that they've DONE IT BEFORE. Remember? No, it's not OK for Israel to have a mole in the Pentagon or anywhere within the U.S. Goverment. Period.

GrGr

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2003
Originally posted by: rextilleon
I sense a hostility towards Israel in this room among the leftists (who I often support). First of all, lets clear up some misconceptions. First is that somehow Republicans are the only ones who have given Israel a pass. The Democratic party has always been a great supporter of Israel--thats a fact. Second, the need to jump immediately and attack Israel by the left based on an investigation that hasn't really yielded anything as of yet. Just calm down and wait for it to play out. Third, the naviety in thinking that our allies dont spy on us and that we dont spy on our allies. So what are we left with--we are left with this nasty, almost illogical attack on Israel.

I'll say it again---I feel that the hate of Israel by the left goes beyond rationality and is often anti-semitic in nature. Megaworks pronouncement that "I think that Paul Wolfowitz and Douglas Feith are more loyal to Israel then the US" is so typical of classic anti-semitism---The Jews have no loyalty to the country they live in----how sad.

Where does MegaWorks say that Wolfowitz and Feith have NO loyalty to the country they live in? :confused: I don't see how this is "typical of classic anti-semitism" at all. The close ties between the neocons and Likud in Israel are well documented. Richard Perle even formulated a strategy for Israel (see "Clean Break") that calls for the destruction of Iraq among other things.

I find the hypersensitivtiy and the deliberate misuse of the word anti-semitism rather tiring. To criticize Israel is not automatically anti-semitism.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: GTaudiophile

Ayup...bunch of Jew-hating bigots in here.

We should all bend over and kiss Rumfeld's arse for the privilege of being able to share our national security information with a spy from the mother land.

rextilleon

Feb 19, 2004
GR GR--are you slow---I quoted from your buddy-------"I think that Paul Wolfowitz and Douglas Feith are more loyal to Israel then the US"---------------Dah-----LOL

By the way, about two years ago a mole was discovered in the State Departement who worked for the British Secret Service---grgr---did that upset you as much? I rest my case!

Drift3r

Jun 3, 2003
GR GR--are you slow---I quoted from your buddy-------"I think that Paul Wolfowitz and Douglas Feith are more loyal to Israel then the US"---------------Dah-----LOL

By the way, about two years ago a mole was discovered in the State Departement who worked for the British Secret Service---grgr---did that upset you as much? I rest my case!

Anyone spying for a foriegn nation against our nation should be brought to justice and that nation should be held accountable for their actions, end of story. Two wrongs do not equal a right.

P.S. We also need to end dual-citizenships ASAP as it brings nothing but trouble.

MegaWorks

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004

did I say jews are not loyal to this country you dimwit, don't put words in my mouth! I only questioned the loyalty of these two neo-cons.

arsbanned

Banned
Dec 12, 2003
I find the hypersensitivtiy and the deliberate misuse of the word anti-semitism rather tiring. To criticize Israel is not automatically anti-semitism.
Yes. Exactly. I cannot understand the knee-jerk reaction which occures when someone states any sort of disagreement with Israeli policy.

rextilleon-
What do you think about Israel having a mole in the Pentagon? Do you have anything of value to add to the discussion? So far you have only been pointing fingers and making irrational accusations.

MegaWorks

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004
Originally posted by: arsbanned
Yes. Exactly. I cannot understand the knee-jerk reaction which occures when someone states any sort of disagreement with Israeli policy.

rextilleon-
What do you think about Israel having a mole in the Pentagon? Do you have anything of value to add to the discussion? So far you have only been pointing fingers and making irrational accusations.

I can answer that, they got nothing in defence so the scream "anti-semitism".

rextilleon

Feb 19, 2004
Listen people--I reacted to a post by a guy who questioned to American Jews loyalty to this country---this is classic anti-semitism---Let him respond---. By the way, if indeed there is an Israeli mole in the state department he should be arrested and put on trial. By the way, Mega Works, weren't you the one who made that inflammatory statement?????

Drift3r

Jun 3, 2003
Listen people--I reacted to a post by a guy who questioned to American Jews loyalty to this country---this is classic anti-semitism---Let him respond---. By the way, if indeed there is an Israeli mole in the state department he should be arrested and put on trial. By the way, Mega Works, weren't you the one who made that inflammatory statement?????

If that's the case using your logic then anyone making a remark about closing our borders to Mexican immigrants and Mexico is nothing more then a racist. Sorry but that pig ain't got any wings to fly with at all.

MegaWorks

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004

I'm the one who inflamed? You're the one who accused me of been "anti-semetic". You're saying that I accused ALL the jews of being unloyal to this country which I never did. I only questionned the "loyalty" of TWO neo-conservatives thats it.

arsbanned

Banned
Dec 12, 2003
Here's the bit about the last Israeli spy (they caught):
If the senior official is charged, it would be the biggest Israeli spy case since U.S. Navy intelligence analyst Jonathan Pollard was arrested in November 1985. Pollard is serving a life sentence despite frequent requests from Israel to release him.

I'm surprised the U.S hasn't buckled on that yet....

Doboji

Diamond Member
May 18, 2001
First off: Lets wait and see what the deal is here... from what tiny bit I've read thus far... it could very well be an idiot working on his own. However the concept that Israel would seek to know the US position on Iraq and Iran is not at all inconceivable. This activity is both completely unacceptable, and completely expected. The spy should spend his days rotting in prison with Jonathan Pollard. However hating Israel, and thinking they control our country because of this would be anti-semetism, unless you applied the same principals to every country ever caught with their hand in our intelligence cookie jar... Britain included.

-Max