FBI computer system years late and way over budget

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Awesome

Sounds like a lot of people (especially Republicans) enjoying a gravy train have been cut off :thumbsup:

No it is not working out that as the govt is losing in the end. The people with talent are leaving because often the private sector pay does not translate well to the GS pay schedule. With 10 years experience on this job, plus another 5 or so years if prior experience the fools graded my position the same as a guy fresh out of college. Needless to say I wont be sticking around and when I leave a ton of corporate knowledge leaves with me.

From I understand quite a few people bailed during the conversion process because it took so long. This conversion was a disaster.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
No it is not working out that as the govt is losing in the end. The people with talent are leaving because often the private sector pay does not translate well to the GS pay schedule. With 10 years experience on this job, plus another 5 or so years if prior experience the fools graded my position the same as a guy fresh out of college. Needless to say I wont be sticking around and when I leave a ton of corporate knowledge leaves with me.

From I understand quite a few people bailed during the conversion process because it took so long. This conversion was a disaster.

You can try and spin it all you want, the end result is the same, the gravy train is ova