• Wolfenstein (2009)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wolfenstein: The New Order

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Wolfenstein: The Old Blood

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Mar 10, 2006
Simple question: which of the PC Wolfenstein games is your favorite? Please choose an option in the poll and, if you'd like, provide explanation in the thread.

My answer is Return to Castle Wolfenstein. The levels are beautiful and unique, the gunplay is pretty much perfect, and the enemy selection/balance is phenomenal.

Reactions: BSim500

BSim500

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2013
My answer is Return to Castle Wolfenstein. The levels are beautiful and unique, the gunplay is pretty much perfect, and the enemy selection/balance is phenomenal.
Same here for same reason. Gunplay was from that era when FPS's were mouse-shooters more than they were "overly-cinematic-optimized-for-controller-regenerative-health-railroad-action-adventure-RPG-hybrids" and where the weapons had "bite" without needing to be watered down for the purpose of showcasing "unlock/levelup grind". Picked it up in a GOG sale a while back (along with original MoHAA Warchest). Way more fun replaying those two than shelling out $60 a throw for the latest string of pretty snooze fests.

Reactions: Arachnotronic

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
rtcw-ccc1.JPG

Leopardos

Jul 15, 2009
Return to castle Wolfenstein, god I miss this game... the multiplayer was one of the best !! was disappointed when they announced that The New Order has no multiplayer :(

Reactions: shortylickens

Hinda65

Jun 19, 2010
RTCW...I easily put 1000+ hrs into the MP.... I use to play on LoT's locked box for hrs and hrs getting my ass handed to me. Ah the memories

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
RtCW first then Old Blood. New Order is good but it's too linear and one spends way too much time in the hideout. Plus the secret society stuff is a little too much like, "What if there really was a global Jewish conspiracy?" for my taste. 2009 was fun but a bit campy.

PrincessFrosty

Platinum Member
Feb 13, 2008
www.frostyhacks.blogspot.com
The New order was completely out of the blue for me, I had a LOT of fun playing that game, most of it via stealth, it was just really well put together in pretty much every respect. A complete sleeper hit for me. Old blood was also really good but didn't quite edge the content of New order for me. I thoroughly enjoyed playing both.