Favorite NFS: PU car? Also, what would you prefer. BMW or Porsche?

SuperGroove

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 1999
I just got the game yesterday, but the cars that I like are the 928GTS, and the Boxster. They understeer a bit...but that tail doesn't swing out with a little touch of gas in the twisties. So what about you guys? What car do you like?

Stupid Evolution mode...how can I win ANY races in a 356 A? How can I drive all the cars?

Paul

prodigy

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Ahh, the "default" cars, newbie. ;)

But to answer your question, I'm partial to the 1999 911 Carrera 4 Cabriolet.

FatAlbo

Golden Member
May 11, 2000
Favorite car? Don't have one, but I prefer the GT1, 2000 911 Turbo, and Boxster S.

I don't know if you're asking about how to win the 356A race or how to win a race in any 356, but here's a general Evolution mode tip. Buy the best car you can afford for the particular tournament and mod it to the max. Also, increase the tire pressure to its max (45/45) for better traction.

If there's a car you want to drive, then you have to buy it during Evolution mode with your created character. Biggest gripe I have about the game. If all else fails, download a save game from NFS Cheats.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Yup, the 993 911 Turbo is one of my favorites.

To win the early Evolution mode, just mod as suggested and take it easy. It's better to drive slower and finish the race without incident, then to drive like a bat outa hell and have to reset every other corner. I really like the early cars, they really help you to learn some of the idiosyncracies(sp) of Porsches.

Try this for fun: Play a couple hours with the fastest car IYO and when you are all buzzing from adreniline, grab a 1950 stock Ferdinand and let the giggles roll! :D It's like taking valium!! :D

Wingznut

Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
My favorite is the 914.... NOT.

I don't know if I can narrow it down. Hell, I even enjoy driving the 356's.

SuperGroove

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 1999
How long does it usually take to sell a car?

I think I have a new fav. The 993 911. They're modelled almost exactly the same. I recorded all my best times in the 911 in Need For Speed 1.

What was the highest score you guys got in Need For Speed 1?

On the 3D0 Version, I got up to 36,xxx pts. I was DA MAN in that game.

FatAlbo

Golden Member
May 11, 2000
Click that Sell button in the Garage screen and put in a price. When you go back to the race screen, you should get an offer that's less than or equal to your offering price. If you think it's too low, then decline the offer, Remove From Market, and Sell it again.

I think we need to arrange an AnandTech NFS5 tourny.

SuperGroove

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 1999
If we had an Anandtech Tourney, you'd guys would MURDER ME!

Anyways, what's wrong with the 914/4? It handles so NICELY! On the Normandie track, it let me zip at about 80-90mph the whole way through! Mid-Engine kicks ass! Why was it the 914/4 was never popular? Was it because it was part Volkswagen too? The car kicks mucho ass. Only thing I hate, is the tepid power, and the unwillingness to turn in quicker sometime. It's awesome though.

Paul

FatAlbo

Golden Member
May 11, 2000

<< If we had an Anandtech Tourney, you'd guys would MURDER ME! >>

That's why I only race unmodified cars when I'm online. It evens the field, and the only variables become your lines through the track and how well you can adapt to handling the car. Since you can also turn collisions off, no one can block another from passing.

<< Anyways, what's wrong with the 914/4?...Only thing I hate, is the tepid power, and the unwillingness to turn in quicker sometime. >>

You answered your own question. ;)

SuperGroove

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 1999
What would you guys rather have,

A BMW M3, eurospec, a BMW M5, or a '00 911 Carrera?

PORSCHE FOR ME!:)

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Porsche! BMWs are for the stuck up, Porsches are for the stuck up who have the Need For Speed!! :D