Favorite N64, SNES, ans NES game.

Oct 19, 2000
N64 - Hard to beat Super Mario 64, it still holds up to this day. Waverace and Goldeneye really hit the nostalgia button for me, though.

SNES: Super Mario World, hands down.

NES: Really don't remember a favorite here, I probably played Mike Tyson's Punch Out more than anything though.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
N64 - Conkurs Bad Fur Day. Really the only game I liked on N64. That system just never did it for me

SNES - Another vote for SMW and Zelda LTTP with a runner up of FF6

NES - Zelda probably or Ninja Gaiden

Last edited:

stormdlp

Jun 20, 2013
Zelda's and Mario's are up on my fav list, VERY close, just my choices involve more multiplay and/or Coop play which fills my fun tank.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
N64: The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Super Mario 64
SNES: Chrono Trigger, Super Mario World, Super Metroid, I played a ton of Mortal Kombat 2 back in the day, Super Double Dragon, Super Contra, TMNT Turtles in Time, TLOZ: Link to the past
NES: Super Mario 1-3, Mike Tyson's Punch Out, California Games(it was pretty bad but still had fun), Contra, Ninja Gaiden, Kirby's Dream Land, Double Dragon

Last edited:

mmntech

Lifer
Sep 20, 2007
N64: Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask. I never got into Mario 64 but I appreciate why people like it.
SNES: Chrono Trigger, Donkey Kong Country series, Link to the Past
NES: SMB3

I feel left out because I was a Gameboy kid and never owned a NES or SNES. A lot of these games I discovered later. So...

Gameboy: Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow, Donkey Kong Land 2, Warrio series, Link's Awakening. I think Link's Awakening was probably my all time favourite. I dare say it's a better Zelda game than LTTP. One thing I still love about Nintendo is they take their handheld systems just a seriously as the consoles.

Oct 19, 2000
NES: Super Mario 1-3, Mike Tyson's Punch Out, California Games(it was pretty bad but still had fun), Contra, Ninja Gaiden, Kirby's Dream Land, Double Dragon

Oh my, had forgot about that game. My brother and I used to play the hell out of it. He could never beat me at skateboarding, I could never beat him at surfing.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
N64: Zelda ocarina of Time

SNES: Final Fantasy 3 (really 6)

NES: Double Dragon or Castlevania

Sulaco

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2003
N64: Mario 64 or Ocarina of Time

SNES:God, where does one begin? Really couldn't narrow it down. How about Top 10?

--Chrono Trigger
--Donkey Kong Country
--Final Fantasy II (IV)
--Final Fantasy III (VI)
--Super Street Fighter 2
--Illusion of Gaia
--Super Mario World
--Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past
--Super Castlevania IV
--Earthbound

NES: Super Mario Brothers 3

Last edited:

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
It's rather hard to choose a single game for each...

N64: Super Mario 64, Blast Corps
SNES: Final Fantasy IV, Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Trigger, Link to the Past, Super Metroid, Star Fox, Super Mario World, Killer Instinct, Super Street Fighter II, Mega Man X, Mario Kart
NES: Super Mario Bros, Super Mario Bros 3, Mega Man 1+, Duck Hunt

Part of that is mostly just the games that I remember the most, but they may not be the best. For example, I remember having trouble timing out seconds to properly execute moves in Street Fighter, and my dad ended up giving me a helpful tip to do it properly. From then on, I could Sonic Boom with the best of them! :p It's also worthwhile to consider that I haven't played a lot of the second half of the N64's library, because my brother and I sold our N64 to buy a PlayStation.

Fingolfin269

Lifer
Feb 28, 2003
If I were handed the consoles today and told I could only pick one game each...

N64: Ocarina of Time
SNES: Chrono Trigger
NES: Mike Tyson's Punch Out!

I'd sub in Secret of Mana for Chrono Trigger if I knew I could play co-op 100% of the time.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
N64: Goldeneye / OOT
SNES: DKC / Chrono Trigger / Super Metroid / LTTP
NES: SMB3

pathos

Aug 12, 2009
nes = Genghis Khan
snes - Genghis Khan 2
n64 - Mario 64. Heck, I don't ever remember owning any other games for the system. I'm sure I did...but I have no clue what they were.

Via

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2009
I only had my 64 for a very short time. I ended up selling it to a friend for more than I paid for it + the games I had and using the money to buy a PS1.

I had MK 64, Turok, SM 64, and a Wayne Gretzky hockey game...iirc the hockey game was pretty bad, but MK 64 was a ton of fun. I loved what i got to play of Turok, but I just didn't have tome to get than far into it. I never really did get that far into SM 64 either. I think it's because i liked Turok better.

SNES - I had so many games for this it would be hard to pick one. I loved the EA NHL game (I think 94). I also really liked Romance of the Three Kingdoms 2. I spent a ton of time playing the SNES version of SimCity.

NES - I loved Blades of Steel. I also spent months of frustration trying to get past Ghosts and Goblins (I think I still see that tantalizing map in my dreams). And I shouldn't forget about Zelda. I still have that shiny, gold cartridge lying around in a box somewhere.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
I only had my 64 for a very short time. I ended up selling it to a friend for more than I paid for it + the games I had and using the money to buy a PS1.

I had MK 64, Turok, SM 64, and a Wayne Gretzky hockey game...iirc the hockey game was pretty bad, but MK 64 was a ton of fun. I loved what i got to play of Turok, but I just didn't have tome to get than far into it. I never really did get that far into SM 64 either. I think it's because i liked Turok better.

SNES - I had so many games for this it would be hard to pick one. I loved the EA NHL game (I think 94). I also really liked Romance of the Three Kingdoms 2. I spent a ton of time playing the SNES version of SimCity.

NES - I loved Blades of Steel. I also spent months of frustration trying to get past Ghosts and Goblins (I think I still see that tantalizing map in my dreams). And I shouldn't forget about Zelda. I still have that shiny, gold cartridge lying around in a box somewhere.

I almost said Blades of Steel for NES... but let's be honest, all we did were fights and shootouts ;)

Via

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2009
I'm trying to remember - was there any sort of strategy to that? Or was it just button mashing?

What year did they take fighting out of the EA NHL series? Those games from my childhood all sort of blur together now.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
I'm trying to remember - was there any sort of strategy to that? Or was it just button mashing?

What year did they take fighting out of the EA NHL series? Those games from my childhood all sort of blur together now.

To fight in BoS, you just had to bump a guy 3x in a row lol.

Nemesis13

Golden Member
Jun 7, 2006
N64: Zelda ocarina of Time

SNES: Final Fantasy 6, and chrono Trigger

NES:SMB3 and ARchon

Josh123

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2002
N64: Super Mario 64

SNES: Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

NES: Gunsmoke, Tiger Heli, or Super Mario Bros. 3

Jadow

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2003
N64: Super Mario Kart 64
SNES: Final Fantasy III
NES: Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

amish

Diamond Member
Aug 20, 2004
N64: goldeneye (i didn't own one until way late, but still remember playing goldeneye at a friend's house)

SNES: FF6 I've spent too many hours with this game.

NES: Ninja Gaiden (lots of fun times with this game but I still haven't beaten it and I lost the cart. I need to get another copy someday)