Favorite games to play on an emulator?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

VashHT

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2007
Mostly SNES, I liked playing japanese games that never came here but were fan translated like Langrisser and Tales of Phantasia and the first star ocean. I've been tempted to try out the wii and gamecube ones and play through the metroid prime trilogy and maybe some other games.

sweenish

Diamond Member
May 21, 2013
I would recommend Bahamut Lagoon on the SNES.

I don't remember much about the game, but I enjoyed it enough and it is ridiculously pretty for the SNES.

mazeroth

Golden Member
Jan 31, 2006
I just started another playthrough of Super Mario Galaxy (Wii) on the Dolphin emulator. You want to talk about an emulator making a huge difference, try this game and Super Mario Galaxy 2. I'm playing it at 1080p on my 104" projection screen and it's absolutely incredible. Anyone who hasn't had a chance to play these 2 games really owes it to themselves to play them. Definitely in my top 5 games of all-time.

Dude111

Golden Member
Jan 19, 2010
ControlD said:
I have to start with the greatest arcade game ever made, which is Robotron 2084.
Ill have to see if I can find that one and give it a whirl :)

EDIT:

Ah I see THAT ONE is for Atari 5200 (I did find just ROBOTRON as an arcade game)

Last edited:

ControlD

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2005
Ill have to see if I can find that one and give it a whirl :)

EDIT:

Ah I see THAT ONE is for Atari 5200 (I did find just ROBOTRON as an arcade game)

I was talking about the arcade version, not the 5200 version. Great game and honestly it still holds up pretty well all these years later.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robotron:_2084

I really need to get my Robotron cabinet back into good condition one of these days.

Aug 29, 2015
I like to play Final Fantasy Tactics on ps emu. Also Mario 2 was my favourite so I sometimes play that on a snes emu. Also I got FF10 I think but I didn't really like it, they aren't for me.

sweenish

Diamond Member
May 21, 2013
Super Mario All-Stars is the answer you're looking for.

Unless they really are confused.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Technically 4 games, you get the American SMB 2 and you get the Japanese SMB 2. And its FUCKING HARD!

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
I DOSBox a lot of old Sierra adventure games (KQ/QFG/SQ/etc.), also love playing just about any old NES game (A Boy and His Blob, and the Dragon Warrior series recently). I often go back and play Mario 64 a lot on my 64 emulator.

Definitely still these, but recently I started a replay of Metroid Prime. With Dolphin and the graphical tweaks (including WS) it looks really good for it's age and plays well. Much more immersive than playing it on my TV with my GC.