Faux outrage of the day- "not optimal"

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
http://www.forbes.com/sites/billfla...icans-died-obama-lied-and-the-press-complied/

As soon as you see the lefties start citing sources like TPM or HuffPo or Mediamatters....really Mediamatters? wtf, a pay to play site? You know they're lying and covering up. A nice article by Forbes.

So, uhh, they're lying when they quote Obama?

If you're claiming they are, then you need to link another source that quotes him otherwise...

Fat chance of that, but I'm confident you'll continue to bloviate, obfuscate & attempt to distort what was actually said.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
It's not an article, it's an op-ed opinion piece by a right-winger.

Kind of ironic that you posted it in the same breath as you complained about others using biased sources. (Ironic, but no longer surprising.)

Lol

Do you think he will respond? I doubt it, most righties, when proven wrong just leave.

Anyone look at the bio of the author? It reads like a right wing "minimum requirements to join" list.

http://blogs.forbes.com/people/billflax/

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
The outright dishonesty of Romney and Ryan is a continual legitimate outrage.

And Obama / Biden represent to sum of all honesty and virtue.

If Romney had use the term 'not optimal' to describe what happened, you'd have joined the head spinning, shrieking throng on the left calling him mean and insensitive.

For the record, I'm not really upset by what was said, but it was a sub optimal way of putting it that made it look like he was being cold and detached.

WackyDan

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004
Not optimal in an election year... so close to the election. As someone here may have already pointed out, one of the family members of the security staff is extremely upset at his choice of words. Pretty stupid gaffe.

Todd33

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2003
It wasn't a gaffe, did anyone watch the interview?

John Stewart used the term "optimal" and Obama threw it back with a stern seriousness which made it clear how it was meant. When I saw the interview I had to chuckle that this was even a fake issue. you guys are grasping at straws.