Father finds crayon written note in son's bag, get this BS!

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
I think this story is bogus. The father said this paper was in his sons bag for months and that they check his bookbag but somehow missed this paper....for months.

That's nothing.i have no issue with missing it for months. kids bring home so many damn pages of work its rather silly.

Dude111

Golden Member
Jan 19, 2010
ivwshane said:
I call bullshit. Crayons in forth grade? Is the kid handicapped?
Yea the brainwashing continues!!!!!! -- SOME IDIOT MOST LIKELKY TOLD HIM WHAT TO WRITE!!

Home schooling is the only way these days!!!

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
The teacher responsible for this must be fired. This isn't the first time where morons in the education system have tried to indoctrinate students.

you are assuming this is true. I find it highly doubtful that it is.

Sho'Nuff

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2007
I'm willing to not give a give a shit what a 4th grader has to say...

\TheBlaze - for morons....

The point is that the schools are teaching students that it is ok to give up rights in exchange for increased government. That is a dangerous thing to be teaching our children.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
There is a chance that this might not be true but things like this are standard in schools and universities.

yes it is. but i give this one a very very slight percent on being true. to much does not pass teh smell test.

1) its in crayon
2) parents do not notify school instead go right to the news.

both of these really put a lot of doubt on it.

IF this is true though the teacher should be fired.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
So given that the article says that the teacher had part of the class write that down how do we know that she didnt get the other part of the class write down the converse and then get them to debate?

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sidesho...NhdANob21lBHB0A3BtaAR0ZXN0A1Rlc3RfQUZD;_ylv=3

There are plenty of examples of public schools being used to push agendas on our kids. You don't have to look long or hard to find them. The above is an example of a teacher trying to get their classroom to write a story supporting the Nazi party. I found it in just a couple of minutes.

I agree. I never said they didn't do shit like this. in fact think i mentioned people have in my first post.

but there is enough BS in the story that i have doubts on it. not the fact it happened but how and what was used.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
So given that the article says that the teacher had part of the class write that down how do we know that she didnt get the other part of the class write down the converse and then get them to debate?

Four pages of a thread and it just now occurs to one poster that this was likely part of a debate exercise. Seems a little too sophisticated for fourth grade but that may have been the teacher's only error here.

The OP article contains no statement from the school or the teacher about this other than they were looking into it. The kid's father didn't even ask the school about the lesson but instead went to the press to get attention, which makes him an asshole.

The echo chamber in this thread is truly moronic.

Last edited: