Father finds crayon written note in son's bag, get this BS!

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
http://news.yahoo.com/dad-furious-finding-crayon-written-paper-florida-4th-124614291.html

The words are written in crayon, in the haphazard bumpiness of a child's scrawl.

"I am willing to give up some of my constitutional rights in order to be safer or more secure."

They're the words that Florida father Aaron Harvey was stunned to find his fourth-grade son had written, after a lesson in school about the Constitution.

Florida 4th Grader Brings Home Paper That Says, I Am Willing to Give Up Some of My Constitutional Rights in Order to Be Safer...paper
Aaron Harvey's son wrote as part of a school lesson, "I am willing to give up some of my constitutional rights in order to be safer or more secure." TheBlaze has redacted the child's name.

Harvey's son attends Cedar Hills Elementary in Jacksonville, Fla. Back in January, a local attorney came in to teach the students about the Bill of Rights. But after the attorney left, fourth-grade teacher Cheryl Sabb dictated the sentence to part of the class and had them copy it down, he said.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
I'm willing to not give a give a shit what a 4th grader has to say...

\TheBlaze - for morons....

Last edited:

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
I'm willing to not give a give a shit what a 4th grader has to say...

I'm willing to see an educator that is using that type of tactic in the classroom to lose their credentials and get fired.

Kandra Albury, a spokeswoman for Duvall County Public Schools, which includes Cedar Hills, told TheBlaze she didn't know what prompted Sabb to have students write the sentence.

She said the principal had fielded one parent's concern about the lesson in January, but it wasn't Harvey. She said Thursday the district and principal were "checking into" what had happened.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
What is like, sir? To live in constant rage?

What rage? I mean really, why would you think i'm outraged or inraged or enraged about something like this? It's like picking weeds out of a garden, you're not angry about them, you just want them gone.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
There's a lot of missing info here. What is the context of it all?

It doesn't matter, these idiots only care about stories that reinforce their alternate reality.

Hell! These idiots don't say shit when schools want to teach creationism, in fact they clamor for it!

FaaR

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2007
You speak to me... as I care for your opinion... I do not....

Do you care then about the actual story linked in the OP, which is an alledged attempt to indoctrinate young children to de-value their given rights?

If this was done on a larger scale over a longer time period, it would become a real, tangible problem, yes?

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
It doesn't matter, these idiots only care about stories that reinforce their alternate reality.

Hell! These idiots don't say shit when schools want to teach creationism, in fact they clamor for it!
And the same question for you.

Are you willing to give up some of your constitutional rights in order to be safer or more secure?

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
Do you care then about the actual story linked in the OP, which is an alledged attempt to indoctrinate young children to de-value their given rights?

If this was done on a larger scale over a longer time period, it would become a real, tangible problem, yes?
Wake up man. It's way too late because it's already a big problem and has been for some time. You're asking questions of people who have already been indoctrinated.

They also were taught tolerance. Except for those that question their beliefs.

The public school system figured out a long time back that they were able to teach whatever they wanted. That they could fill young minds with whatever they deemed to be worthy. We're reaping the fruits of that endeavor right now.

Choom Gang President anyone? Bueller, Bueller?