Fat People at the gym

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Originally posted by: 733SHiFTY
Dont knock fat people. Sex with a fat chick is like sleeping on a waterbed. :laugh:

Uncomfortable and it hurts your back?

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
Originally posted by: sonz70
Originally posted by: notfred
Oh, fvcking grow up. You can't handle the sight of a human body? Move to a tiny island somewhere where you can be alone, and no one will ever offend you again by being visible in front of you. :roll:

Read the entire post moron before giving your pathetic response. I never said the sight of them offended me, I said the actions combined with there wear offeneded me. As I said at the top of my post, if you had bothered to read it before giving your little trolling post, if people are actually working out, yeah it might not be a pretty sight, but too bad, at least there trying. If there at the gym and not doing anything, than yeah, they deserve every comment I threw at them. Again, try reading the entire thread, than using your mind to gather an intelligent post, before making a fool of yourself.

Oh, yeah, you were offended by thier "actions combined with what they wear". This horrible action that offends you so much, that you mention twice (points 2 and 4) is "standing". How offensive. How dare they stand in a gym. And "what they wear", You're offended by spandex as opposed to "regular clothes". But no, you're not offended by the sight of them, you just want them to change into clothes that cover them up more whenever they're in front of you.

Fantastic argument, I don't see how anyone could NOT be convinced by that one.

torpid

Lifer
Sep 14, 2003
Do you work out naked and try to talk to everyone except fat people? That's the only explanation for why a rant about people always eyeing you and sparking up an ininvited conversation would need to be written.

PatboyX

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2001
do people really just sit and talk to you at the gym?
why would someone pay to not use it?
so strange.

tami

Lifer
Nov 14, 2004
Originally posted by: HumblePie
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
Dont knock fat people. Sex with a fat chick is like sleeping on a waterbed. :laugh:

I'm happy to say I've never had sex with any chick.

I guess someone has to F'em though...might as well be you! :laugh:

FIXED for a true ATOTer!!!

except that he's married and has a son. you're not very humble, humblepie.

tami

Lifer
Nov 14, 2004
i agree with the OP that going to the gym is a step in the right direction, but exercise alone isn't going to help you lose weight. going to BK afterwards is not a wise decision. the movie "supersize me" comes to mind. do the subsequent visits to the gym actually pay off? i'd doubt it.

cKGunslinger

Lifer
Nov 29, 1999
Originally posted by: tami
i agree with the OP that going to the gym is a step in the right direction, but exercise alone isn't going to help you lose weight. going to BK afterwards is not a wise decision. the movie "supersize me" comes to mind. do the subsequent visits to the gym actually pay off? i'd doubt it.

(working out + no fast food) > (working out + fast food) > (not working out + fast food)

DVad3r

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2005
Being fat myself, it does not really bother me at all that there's seriously overweight people at the gym. The fact that they are there means that they really want to change something about themselves, and if they flap their hands around, then thats probably still better then playing World of Warcraft for 14 hours straight at home.

As for obese chicks and spandex staring you down...who cares? Just ignore them, or if you wanna be cold but honest, tell them to get their sh*t in motion.

Or if you want a pair of those brand new 7800 GTX's...then you tell them 600$/hour and let it be done with.

;)

radioouman

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 2002
I have a lot of respect for people that are seriously overweight and they are at the gym. I would be very self conscious being at the gym if I were really overweight. Any exercise at all really helps, even if they eat junk food after. (Logic is that they would eat junk food anyway, so they are getting exercise they normally wouldn't get.)

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: tami
Originally posted by: HumblePie
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus

I'm happy to say I've never had sex with any chick.

I guess someone has to F'em though...might as well be you! :laugh:

FIXED for a true ATOTer!!!

except that he's married and has a son. you're not very humble, humblepie.

Ahh, then he's not a true ATOTer and a lifer.

Humble doesn't mean I can't tell jokes. I do quite frequently too and about myself too!! That's humble. I know I don't have sex with any chicks recently fat or otherwise.

DVad3r

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2005
Also...do you really think a fat person will look any better wearing a massive XXXL t-shirt and size 52 sweat pants? Come on...

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Originally posted by: DVad3r
Being fat myself, it does not really bother me at all that there's seriously overweight people at the gym. The fact that they are there means that they really want to change something about themselves, and if they flap their hands around, then thats probably still better then playing World of Warcraft for 14 hours straight at home.

As for obese chicks and spandex staring you down...who cares? Just ignore them, or if you wanna be cold but honest, tell them to get their sh*t in motion.

Or if you want a pair of those brand new 7800 GTX's...then you tell them 600$/hour and let it be done with.

;)

Originally posted by: radioouman
I have a lot of respect for people that are seriously overweight and they are at the gym. I would be very self conscious being at the gym if I were really overweight. Any exercise at all really helps, even if they eat junk food after. (Logic is that they would eat junk food anyway, so they are getting exercise they normally wouldn't get.)

Exactly. I'm more fit than the average fit person and I also have a lot of respect for them because its better than nothing.

sonz needs to go back to man-whoring.

Mani

Diamond Member
Aug 9, 2001
At least they are trying. Overly fat people annoy me in some places - mostly planes, trains and buses if you have to sit next to them but I would never discourage them from being at a gym.

broon

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2002
o0o mo n mo spelin and grama nazis come outta da woodwrk to make fun of aa thrid when dey cant giv a rel repli

Update the blog.

Patt

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2000
Maybe you should focus on yourself instead of the larger people working out at the gym. What's worse, a heavy-set person attempted to better themselves, or a guy to sleep with other men to afford a fvcking video card? :|

:thumbsup: for anyone motivated enough just to get to the gym, regardless of anything else.

RiDE

Platinum Member
Jul 8, 2004
o0o mo n mo spelin and grama nazis come outta da woodwrk to make fun of aa thrid when dey cant giv a rel repli

Real reply? Heh, notfred already said what I wanted to say. That part of your post about how "at least they're trying" is just your justification to rant on fat people. Give me a break. :roll:

What would make a real reply? That I wish people who disagree with my opinion would die so I don't have to deal with them anymore? Yeah, sure. :thumbsup:

DAGTA

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Dear Sonz70:
Please sign up for a remedial 6th grade English course at your local Elementary School so you can learn how to use words like "your", "you're", "than", "then", "their", "they're", and "there". Please do so ASAP.

Sincerely,
DAGTA

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: notfred
Oh, fvcking grow up. You can't handle the sight of a human body? Move to a tiny island somewhere where you can be alone, and no one will ever offend you again by being visible in front of you. :roll:

Read the entire post moron before giving your pathetic response. I never said the sight of them offended me, I said the actions combined with there wear offeneded me. As I said at the top of my post, if you had bothered to read it before giving your little trolling post, if people are actually working out, yeah it might not be a pretty sight, but too bad, at least there trying. If there at the gym and not doing anything, than yeah, they deserve every comment I threw at them. Again, try reading the entire thread, than using your mind to gather an intelligent post, before making a fool of yourself.
His post still stands from where I am sitting...

DVad3r

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2005
The only time ppl piss me off @ the gym is when they are using my machines and not getting an effective workout...then it's time to boot em off.