fastest video card without fan???

jealouse

May 18, 2001
i returned ATI AIW after about 2 weeks of usage cuz i couldn't stand noise it was making.

what's the fastest(best) graphic card on the market that doesn't come with a fan?

i can afford geforce3 but it too comes with a fan. i heard geforce3mx will be on the market soon.

is there any chance it does not come with a fan?(and with only heat sink?)

any ideas?

thanx for any input

rbV5

Lifer
Dec 10, 2000
My AIW Radeon is quiet I can't even hear mine above the case fans, but the Radeon Le has no fan. You could probably run the AIW without a fan, the Radeon GPU runs cool anyway.

vss1980

Platinum Member
Feb 29, 2000
The fastest I can think of is the Radeon LE,VE, Geforce2MX, and some Kyro II cards do not have fans.

Yoshi

Golden Member
Nov 6, 1999
I think you had one with a bad fan, I have had several cards with fans that did not make any noise.

If you must go fanless get a Radeon LE or KyroII I suppose.

NiceSocks

May 28, 2001
voodoo3 is horrible, i can't believe how bad my experience with it was..
like yoshi said, you probably had a bad fan on your card. Either buy the same card again and hope the fans quiet or underclock a diff card slightly and take its fan off?

rbV5

Lifer
Dec 10, 2000
Good Lord, the voodoo3 is not horrible, geez it was the card I had before my Radeon and was a nice card...but....he's asking about the fastest card without a fan, forget the Matrox, V3 and G2 MX(unless you enjoy 16bit gaming) the Radeon is faster and you already have one!

richleader

Golden Member
Jan 1, 2001
Yeah, those video cards sure are noisy! I can't even hear the 6800rpm Delta Fan on my CPU! Seriously, if your fan is that noisy, there's something wrong with it, it's collected dust or is misaligned or whatever, just order a blorb for $6-8 next time you make a part purchase to save on the shipping and enjoy life.

Teasy

Oct 4, 2000
The Kyro II Vivid!XS is deffinately the fastest fanless card available rignt now.