Solution
If OP wants to fill all 4 slots and get 64GB

The top speed he can get is 3600

C16

C18

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
OK UsandThem, I'll admit that I was lazy in my last post.;)
The fastest 16GB DDR4 ram I've seen is the Crucial Ballistix Max at DDR4-4400, and you must buy the pair.
It's out of stock right now.

Kh.Ali Abbas

Mar 14, 2020
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Memory/VENGEANCE-LPX/p/CMK16GX4M2Z5000C18

DDR4-5000, but you'll have to "deal" with two modules.

I have to say, it's quite the bargain though.
Im looking for 1 x 16gb Stick.
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Memory/VENGEANCE-LPX/p/CMK16GX4M2Z5000C18

DDR4-5000, but you'll have to "deal" with two modules.

I have to say, it's quite the bargain though.
I've opened this link but it's the same 2 stick configuration. I'm looking for 1 stick 16GB fast RAM. It's ok if it's not "The Fastest" but fast like in high-end lvl.

mxnerd

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
All motherboards are designed to run in dual channels. Why do you wan to run it in single channel? The only systems that use single channel are low perforance laptop / mini pc / embedded systems.

Kh.Ali Abbas

Mar 14, 2020
All motherboards are designed to run in dual channels. Why do you wan to run it in single channel? The only systems that use single channel are low perforance laptop / mini pc / embedded systems.
I wanna run 2x 16GB RAM sticks. But for that I first want to find 1 16GB stick. And also I can always put 4x 16GB sticks if I want. So that's mainly why I'm looking for 16GB single stick.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
I wanna run 2x 16GB RAM sticks. But for that I first want to find 1 16GB stick. And also I can always put 4x 16GB sticks if I want. So that's mainly why I'm looking for 16GB single stick.
You've created several threads here, and at places like Tom's. And your first post here already contained a PC component build list: https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/want-to-build-a-new-gaming-pc.2578150/

You can go to Corsair's or G Skill's website (or a retailer like Newegg), and see what the fastest 16GB module they offer. That said, you say this is your first PC build ($5k budget :oops: ), so a couple things make zero sense.

1. You don't need (or would ever use) 32 GB or 64 GB of RAM.

2. Buying RAM modules in single quantities. You buy RAM modules in kits to ensure compatibility. The only people who don't buy RAM kits are users who are adding RAM to laptops or pre-built computers.

Kh.Ali Abbas

Mar 14, 2020
You've created several threads here, and at places like Tom's. And your first post here already contained a PC component build list: https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/want-to-build-a-new-gaming-pc.2578150/

You can go to Corsair's or G Skill's website (or a retailer like Newegg), and see what the fastest 16GB module they offer. That said, you say this is your first PC build ($5k budget :oops: ), so a couple things make zero sense.

1. You don't need (or would ever use) 32 GB or 64 GB of RAM.

2. Buying RAM modules in single quantities. You buy RAM modules in kits to ensure compatibility. The only people who don't buy RAM kits are users who are adding RAM to laptops or pre-built computers.

1: Yes I post on multiple threads cuz to get as much 2nd opinion as possible. I know how to use google to find out which one is the best one but I still ask you guys cuz I trust thread replies more over 1 single person or some company writing an article "Top 10 RAM in 2020".
2: Yes I've $5000 budget for my 1st build cuz I won't be upgrading or switching to new build soon, I live in Pakistan and it's one time build situation here where I've to collect parts from other countries and cuz I can't just Amazon my parts every week here with 100% tax on everything. So I want a TANK kinda machine. Even though I've said $5k budget it'll still cost me like 7 - 8 k just in shipping and stuff. So I'm curious and cautious about what I order. I want as many GB RAM I can get in My PC as I can get from like High End brands. I'd do 16x4 just cuz.

P.s. I never said I'll only put single 16gb stick in my PC, I don't know why everyone keep assuming that? I asked for 16gb single stick so I'll buy Kit of that specific RAM. If no one's gonna tell me single stick how could then I make a kit of x2 or x4 of that RAM? Nobody is telling me about single stick, everyone is just saying you'd need more than single stick and I never said I'll put only ONE in it!

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005

Wait im lost why are you finding 1 stick if your going to pair them?

It feels like a dog chasing his tail.

Why do you want to find 1 stick if your going to run them in pairs, and why not just look at the pair?
4400mhz ram does not mean 2200x2... it means 2 sticks @ 4400mhz, or if u get a kit of 4, it means 4 sticks @ 4400mhz.

Im completely lost in what your trying to accomplish.

And please don't buy them individually... as that is a horrible idea.
Dual channel ram are factory bin'd and paired for the closest compatibility with one another.
That is why high performance ram will always typically come in pairs, and when you RMA 1, most vendors will ask you to mail both of them.

mxnerd

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
The larger capacity of memory you install in the system, it means more bandwidth the CPU must process. So the more memory, the lower speed a processor can handle. If you want faster RAM speed, install less modules. You can't excpect a CPU to process unlimited bandwidth.

You waste your money and untapped bandwidth that CPU can't process when you purchase and install the fastest and most expensive memory modules.

If you are not running servers, video editing, some memory hog programs, you don't need 64GB. If you are only plaing games, 16GB (2x8GB) probably is the best bet as of now.

Just like when you are doing CPU overclocking to the extreme, probably only one core can be overclocked.

Last edited:

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
The larger capacity of memory you install in the system, it means more bandwidth the CPU must process. So the more memory, the lower speed a processor can handle. If you want faster RAM speed, install less modules. You can't excpect a CPU to process unlimited bandwidth.

You waste your money and untapped bandwidth that CPU can't process when you purchase and install the fastest and most expensive memory modules.
Err, WUT?

I think that you have that basically exactly BACKWARDS. No offense. Ryzen loves fast RAM, and more RAM sticks means more interleaving and more RAS lines and more open pages at once == faster access.

Sure, due to capacitive loading, and depending on memory controller abilities, more RAM sticks may mean that you have to clock the overall RAM slower. But Zen2 has excellent memory controllers, and I'm running 4x8GB GSkill Trident RGB RAM @ XMP DDR4-3600 in my Zen2 / Ryzen R5 3600 rig.

mxnerd

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
Err, WUT?

I think that you have that basically exactly BACKWARDS. No offense. Ryzen loves fast RAM, and more RAM sticks means more interleaving and more RAS lines and more open pages at once == faster access.

Sure, due to capacitive loading, and depending on memory controller abilities, more RAM sticks may mean that you have to clock the overall RAM slower. But Zen2 has excellent memory controllers, and I'm running 4x8GB GSkill Trident RGB RAM @ XMP DDR4-3600 in my Zen2 / Ryzen R5 3600 rig.

It's my own past experience many years ago. When I install DDR3 1600 x 4 sticks the system will only run at 1333. Yet it can run at 1600 x 2 modules. I don't have any Ryzen system.

==

OP is building an Intel based system.

Last edited:

mxnerd

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
If OP wants to fill all 4 slots and get 64GB

The top speed he can get is 3600

C16

C18

Reactions: Kh.Ali Abbas
Solution

Kh.Ali Abbas

Mar 14, 2020
C18

[/QUOTE]
Which one is better? C18 or TridentZ? Or are they both same?

mxnerd

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
* I'm no memory expert *

G.Skill C17 17-19-19-39
Corsair C18 18-19-19-39

Lower number shoud be faster.

Read the article before you buy.

Reactions: Kh.Ali Abbas

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
It's my own past experience many years ago. When I install DDR3 1600 x 4 sticks the system will only run at 1333. Yet it can run at 1600 x 2 modules. I don't have any Ryzen system.

That's because the system runs at 2T and not 1T
2T also hampers overclocking on the ram.

But im hearing different stuff for Ryzen, how 4 sticks is better then 2, which is backwards for me as well, because i always remember when you have 4, there is 2 more sticks which can go wrong vs 2.

But Larry's statement isn't the first time i heard about this.

mxnerd

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
Many super high speed RAM modules were only tested on ONE motherboard.

What Are Memory Timings? CAS Latency, tRCD, tRP, & tRAS

(there is no part 2)

Last edited:
Reactions: john3850