Fast Food Tycoon 2- I'd really like another one of these

Kalmah

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2003
Fast_Food_Tycoon_2_Coverart.png

This game is old and was in the budget-bin when I bought it years and years ago. I still re-install it every now and then.

I've seen other restaurant tycoon style sims, but this one is the only one I thought was ever worth playing. You are like a mobster pizza shop owner, you can send punks to scare customers at other restaurants, deliver cockroaches, you can demand protection money and send mobs over to shoot up the place. Blow up your competitors supply warehouses etc... It's just tons of fun. The most fun is actually organizing your staff, scheduling, getting supplies from your own warehouse etc.

I believe the developer went out of business shortly after this game's release. I doubt it's available to purchase anywhere. I highly suggest hunting this one down as it's a lot of fun. The learning curve is a bit steep and their are some bugs. (I can't remember, but I think there might be a patch floating around as well)

Here's a video of some gameplay. It appears that the person playing it set it so there are shitloads of 'citizens'. I like setting it to mildly low so that the strategic challenge is greater.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGXBiu68gOU&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PLADB6B1C0F01AF9E0

Anyways, It's a fun game to play in windowed mode while doing other stuff.

Kalmah

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2003
Oh wow, that page had a link to a video of Pizza Tycoon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3p8Nd5zXNc&feature=related

Had so much fun with that game back in the day. You could build your own pizzas, and you had to cater to different types of customers. I think you even got to choose how to decorate your restaraunt.

This is actually #2 of Pizza Tycoon if I'm not mistaken. They gave it a different name.

BTW, I came across http://fastfoodtycoonhq.videogames101.net/download.php while looking to see if there is a patch. Not sure if it's legit.

The tutorial in the game is buggy and stupid. Just make your way through it and figure the game out on your own. Once you get a manager you can have your manager auto-make your menu for you which I find to be much better than doing it myself.

AlexAL

Jan 23, 2008
My favorite is Cinema Tycoon 1 and 2. Dead simple but great atmosphere and fun.

thejunglegod

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2012
Hmm. If you're looking for a more challenging sim of the "restaurant tycoon" genre, you should try out Restaurant Empire. It is very underrated IMO.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Transport Tycoon Deluxe / TTDPatch / OpenTTD is probably my favorite of the business simulation types ...

Also really liked "Detroit" and "Airbucks" back in the day ... but those days were long gone. Also original Railroad Tycoon was awesome.

Wardawg1001

Sep 4, 2008
This is actually #2 of Pizza Tycoon if I'm not mistaken. They gave it a different name.

BTW, I came across http://fastfoodtycoonhq.videogames101.net/download.php while looking to see if there is a patch. Not sure if it's legit.

The tutorial in the game is buggy and stupid. Just make your way through it and figure the game out on your own. Once you get a manager you can have your manager auto-make your menu for you which I find to be much better than doing it myself.

Any idea where I can get it (Pizza Tycoon 1/2)?

Via

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2009
I bought Airport Tycoon 2 on a recommendation from a guy I really trust even though the review scores aren't the great iirc.

He says it's one of his favorite games of any type, and he like a lot of games. He also warned me about the complexity and slow start; I haven't been able to get past that point yet.

According to him, once you get your airport running well it's pretty epic.

Kalmah

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2003
Downloaded it from that site, how do I get this running in windowed mode

Well crap, good question. I forgot to mention I was running it in Ubuntu using Wine.

-w doesn't seem to work in the shortcut. Sorry, doesn't seem to be much resources on the net. I can't find any solutions.