Far Cry help?

Turkish

Lifer
May 26, 2003
I am stuck ... I am inside the carrier, and I make this conversation with the guy on the other end of the radio and he tells me to meet him. Well I try to get on top of the carrier, but as soon as I climb the ladder, I get killed either by (1) helicopter or (2) guys shooting across. Can anyone walk me through this? I have tried 20+ times and no success.

:(

Conky

Lifer
May 9, 2001
I would tell you if I hadn't already deleted that POS over-rated game. They called it Cry-Engine for a reason. :p

trek

Dec 13, 2000
Wait a bit for the helicopter to move, then pick off the guys one by one...I think thats what I did.
"\save_game 01" in console helps too.

CrazyHelloDeli

Platinum Member
Jun 24, 2001
Wait on the lower level of the carrier until the heli lines up to you to fire, zoom in and shoot the dude on the minigun. Once you shoot him outta the heli, it will fly away. As far as the other guys, cant really help you because im not sure if they are running around because they know you are there. All I did was charge up to the top and hide behind the crates peaking around the corners and killing any dude that entered my view.

ddjkdg

Dec 22, 2001
As soon as you clear the ladder wait for the chopper to rise up. Zoom in with the M4 and unload on the gunner, he'll die and the chopper will leave. Turn around and lean around a crate, then shoot the mercenary manning the minigun (you should see the top of his head barely rising above a box). As for taking out the rest of the guys, it should be a lot easier with the chopper gone. Lean around the corners and toss grenades and pick them off with single shots from the M4. If you get in trouble remember that there's an extra health back down the ladder and a full body armor on top of the crates on your side of the two makeshift bridges (or at least there was for me, I'm playing it on medium).

Vonkhan

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2003
leave the armor & health pack alone if u can ...

run up the ladder

make a left and crouch down behind the crates - cover from the guys shooting at u

zoom into the copter and kill the gunner - u can also shoot the rotor/motor and make the it crash

run back into to the ladder, the place where u came from

grab the armor & health pack

crouch in the corner till the bad guys settle down - u'll hear them say stuff

run back up the ladder and behind the crates, same place where u were shot the copter down from

the bad guys may be hanging around there or at the far end - short close-qtrs + sniping

snipe the machine gunner

run to the far end, cross the bridges and get into the boat

shoot off the chains holding the boat - make sure tht u have enuf health 'cuz u gonna hurt yoself on the way down into the water!

thank me after u're done