Fans boo Canadian anthem at Chicago Cubs game...an eye for an eye?

HappyPuppy

Lifer
Apr 5, 2001
It's all sort of childish, isn't it? The Canucks may not have backed us, but I don't recall them hindering us like the Frogs and others.

Besides, I like Canadians. So there.

Phuz

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2000
This isn't anything new... it was happening during the Afghan situation.

Who knows who started it.. its been happening for years and years.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: HappyPuppy
It's all sort of childish, isn't it? The Canucks may not have backed us, but I don't recall them hindering us like the Frogs and others.

Besides, I like Canadians. So there.
heh...and, besides, when have Cubs fans ever been polite to their opponents? ;)

jaeger66

Banned
Jan 1, 2001
Well, to be perfectly clear it all began at a Detroit Pistons game. This will not come as a surprise to anyone who's been to Detroit.

sMiLeYz

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2003
I think we should take the moral high road and not insult other countries that disagree with us.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
They boo ours, we boo theirs, woo woo, we still live in america and they are still stuck up there...

freakflag

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2001
BOOOOOO!!! BOOOOOOOO!!!

Now give me Molson XXX :beer: or I shall Boooo you all again!

exp

Platinum Member
May 9, 2001
Can someone link to this story for me? I haven't heard about it anywhere else.

Those who booed the Canadian anthem are just as foolish as those who booed the American anthem. So I guess all we've learned from this exchange is that there are retards on both sides of the border.

I wouldn't worry about this particular case too much anyway. It's common knowledge that the Cub fan base is largely composed of idiots who are usually already drunk by the time they reach the ballpark. :eek:

zer0burn

Golden Member
Jan 30, 2002
They boo ours, we boo theirs, woo woo, we still live in america and they are still stuck up there...

I wouldnt exactly call it stuck up here considering most people would rather live here considering we do have a higher quality of life.

Laz

Oct 9, 1999
Canadians view this as a compliment, someone has actually noticed or at least acknowledged us! We Canadians have an inferiority complex.

RyanM

Platinum Member
Feb 12, 2001
Originally posted by: jaeger66
Well, to be perfectly clear it all began at a Detroit Pistons game. This will not come as a surprise to anyone who's been to Detroit.

Oh, I KNOW you didn't just mock the D.

Detroit, where the weak are killed and eaten. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: zer0burn

I wouldnt exactly call it stuck up here considering most people would rather live here considering we do have a higher quality of life.

sure you do, you would hate it here.....

Kev

Lifer
Dec 17, 2001
just wait till toronto comes to philly for the flyers game...i mean we boo santa clause, the maple leafs will probably get shot

Garet Jax

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2000
Originally posted by: maladroit
just wait till toronto comes to philly for the flyers game...i mean we boo santa clause, the maple leafs will probably get shot

Especially when Toronto wins the series. :D

HOWITIS

Platinum Member
Apr 26, 2001
how can someone boo a country who's national emblem is a leaf? or who's country is dominated by frenchies. no need to kick'em while their down.

naddicott

Jul 3, 2002
Did the staff at the Chicago game at least raise the Canadian flag right side up this time? That inverted Canadian flag at a world sieries game several years ago was a bigger affront, IMO.