Fan Controller

gizbug

Platinum Member
May 14, 2001
How many use a fan controller in their system?
Any comments on them, or what ones you prefer?

amcdonald

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2003
I have a sunbeam, and I've never been able to overload a channel, putting a few fans on each channel at times.
However the led's on the front are incredibly bright and for this reason i would recommend another rheobus with more subtle lighting.
Also you might have a hard time with this rheobus if your case has a door.

blade

1957 - 2008<br>Elite Moderator Emeritus<br>Troll H
Oct 9, 1999
I have used several and the best by far is the Sunbeam from svc. The leds are real bright as amcdonald said but just don't look directly at them. :D I have a door on my case (antec plusview 1000amg) and it closes fine. Though you'll need 4-3 pin adapters if you plan to use fans that have only a 4 pin molex. It has all 3 pin male connectors. svc or 2cooltek.com sells 4-3 pin adapters, or you can make your own.

Another great thing about it is the controls turn completely off so you can use it to control cathodes, as I do.

Cerb

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2000
Build it :).
Not that hard or expensive...I've been practicing a bit, and will soon make my own, partly because the commercially available ones (like the sunbeam one) are all lighted. And it's bound to be fun.

bergenvr6

Mar 2, 2003
Sunbeam. I have 2 fans hooked up to a single channel, but the LEDs are too bright. But as a rheobus, it's great.