Family Password Managers

Zalophus

Feb 9, 2011
Shopping for password manger. Unable to find answer to these questions on any of the top vendors sites.

Question: As a general rule, can I include family members in a family plan if they use different ISPs (one USA and the other French) from mine, and have different (Married) last names?
Thanks
Zalophus

KeithP

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2000
I would imagine that the rules of the family plans probably change from vendor to vendor. For instance, 1Password says…
Protection for the whole family
Five people can join in and have individual accounts on your single subscription. They don’t even have to belong to the same household.

-KeithP

rasczak

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
I've liked lastpass in the past, but none of these password managers are infallible. Is it worth putting your financial life in the hands of an anonymous software company? You're better off coming up with a passphrase strategy every in your family understands and forgo putting your passwords on digital paper.

Kamrooz

Apr 14, 2013
Man. I got to get off my butt and look into these password managers. Have had my password leaked via security breaches, pain in the ass trying to remember all these password changes I have....lol.

klinkman

Jul 13, 2006
+1 on the bitwarden. Love it. Moved from last pass for a number of reasons and never looked back. Have the wife and kids on it as well and I'm looking into rolling it out at my office.