Family Guy Bashes Tea Party And Jews

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

crashtestdummy

Platinum Member
Feb 18, 2010
Its part of the whole agenda in Hollywood and they are trying to promote liberal values

http://benjaminshapiro.com/index.php/books/209-primetime-propaganda

Art as a whole has been dominated by liberals for thousands of years. This should be no more surprising or worrisome than the fact that talk radio is dominated by conservatives or that investment bankers desire deregulation.

Do you propose banning every left-leaning cartoon show out there? What would be your solution to this "problem"?

PingviN

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2009
OP, stop being such a crybaby. It's pathetic. Don't watch the show if you don't like it and/or make your own show.

Also, doesn't the show constantly make fun of Brian the know-it-all liberal?

Nov 29, 2006
And the world is flat, the sky is pink, the sun rotates around the Earth....

If, on the (very unlikely) off chance that you're not a troll, you're one deranged individual who should really be seeking professional mental help.

Sometimes I think it's Spideys other account lol

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
Is it considered a personal attack to point out when someone says something that is impossibly stupid?

Here, I'll test it out.

OP, you are an idiot with a stupid opinion.

We don't give a shit about what was said on Family Guy.

Your caricature conservative has worn out it's welcome.

Please go back to your Glenn Beck sponsored boards and leave the rest of us that have more than two brain cells to argue about stupid political crap in peace.

See you guys next week. :'(

Jan 25, 2011
I think Incorruptible is owed great praise. He managed to accomplish what no other thread in the history of ATP&N has ever done. Unite everyone in one shared common opinion.

Bravo. :thumbsup:

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Macfarlane is a militant liberal, the problem with what he did was that he completely lied because it was about Conservatives, he would have never have done this to OWS or liberals, that's the problem
Oh shit really? Better not watch the Michael Moore episode then.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
well and good, but I don't recall them ever going after liberals

Even if you're right, so what? It's a comedy, and not a very good one at that. Since when did we start demanding that every public display of an opinion be "unbiased"?

zanejohnson

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2002
That's the point, he wouldn't do this to obama but has no problem doing it to Conservatives because of his Liberal bias

yeah because simply put, conservatives are hilarious and deserve to be laughed at.. the reason it didnt happen to obama is because people actually take him seriously...

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
yeah because simply put, conservatives are hilarious and deserve to be laughed at.. the reason it didnt happen to obama is because people actually take him seriously...

LOL! That is pretty damned funny but also very completely true.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
What is it that no one here understands, Seth McFarlane is a militant liberal, he absolutely hates Conservatives and WOULD NEVER DO THIS TO OBAMA OR OWS.

He believes everything obama does is good and shows the LIBERAL BIAS of Hollywood

As for people accusing me of being a troll I am not a troll, if this had happened to obama/OWS then there would be outrage

Besides you, no one gives a shit. Guess what, you and plenty of others like to make fun of Obama and OWS, why doesn't this individual have the same right?

You're a shitty troll.

actuarial

Platinum Member
Jan 22, 2009
I do enjoy someone pointing out how a show aired by Fox proves that entertainment has an evil liberal agenda. Damn Fox and their militant liberal bias.

Demo24

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2004
Most everyday I come in this forum looking for incredibly stupid things people decide to post here. This has easily won, at least for the week, probably even the month.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Is it considered a personal attack to point out when someone says something that is impossibly stupid?

Provided you attack the position and not the person stating the position, no problem.

For example: That is a very stupid position. Safe and OK. You are a very stupid person for saying that. Not safe and not OK.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Even if you're right, so what? It's a comedy, and not a very good one at that. Since when did we start demanding that every public display of an opinion be "unbiased"?

The left wing tried it after liberal radio died off due to no one caring about it. They called it The Fairness Doctrine...but only wanted it applied to the forms of communcation they could not dominate.

The fairness doctrine was removed for a good reason - it was stupid. But due to not being able to dominate the airwaves any longer, the libs started to demand it be returned.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
A troll is someone who says stupid or inflammatory things that he doesn't believe, just to get people riled up.

I think "Incorruptible" actually believes his simplistic, grade-school-level sloganeering. So he's not a troll.

(Personally, I'd be less insulted if people thought I was a troll than if they thought I was actually trying to make these sorts of arguments. :) )