Fallout 3 on Steam removed the GFWL requirement.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
They did it back in October and nobody made a big deal about it.
The last time I tried playing it was 2017 and it gave me crap so I uninstalled.

• Wow
Reactions: sandorski

BFG10K

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
Congratulations to Steam I guess? GFWL wasn't in the GOG version right from when it launched years ago.

Reactions: DAPUNISHER

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Well I played and beat FO3 a year or two ago and had to do the GFWL bypass mod thing to get the game to work.

Happy to hear the GFWL module was finally removed from the game for whoever goes back and plays it next.

Would be super if MS just realeased a tool that auto deactivated GFWL from any and all titles that had it baked in instead of doing this Helter skelter approach.

Reactions: Captante

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
I still have my physical copies and everything worked perfectly fine when I played through the Tale of Two Wasteland mod (the mod that merges New Vegas and 3 into one game). I read a long time ago that Fallout 3 and New Vegas on Steam gave people a lot of trouble so I figured it wasn't worth the slightly easier modding scene at the time.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I still have my physical copies and everything worked perfectly fine when I played through the Tale of Two Wasteland mod (the mod that merges New Vegas and 3 into one game). I read a long time ago that Fallout 3 and New Vegas on Steam gave people a lot of trouble so I figured it wasn't worth the slightly easier modding scene at the time.

Interesting .... I played through 3 and NV (both with no mods) several times using the Steam versions and had pretty much zero issues... this was several years ago too.