Fall of the Conservative Radio Talk show hosts

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Fear No Evil

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2008
We were told talk radio would die when Clinton won, then it would die when Bush won, now it will die when Obama won. Why do I think in 4 years we will have even more talk radio?

daniel49

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2005
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
The Obama crusade has already resulted in Colmes leaving Hannity's show after 12 years.

Now today Bill O'Reilly's reign of Republican Terror announces it is over in January.

This is a blessing.

Thank God for the Democrats finally able to take back the public airwaves from the religious kooks.

Now to after the big cheeses such as Rush and Murdock.

They are afreaid, very afraid of the Democrats invoking the Fairness Doctrine.

They are falling before the Dems even get in office and get a chance. :laugh: :thumbsup:

12-5-2008 Bill O'Reilly to end syndicated radio show

NEW YORK ? Fox News Channel said popular cable TV host Bill O'Reilly will step down as the host of his syndicated talk radio show early next year.

"The Radio Factor" ? which began in 2002 and runs on more than 400 radio stations, as well as satellite operator Sirius XM Radio Inc. ? will end in the first quarter of 2009, Fox said late Thursday.

In a statement, O'Reilly said the workload has become too much, adding, "I can no longer give both TV and radio the time they deserve."

let me see he is on 400 radio stations since 2002. Feels he can no longer do radio, tv, and print because of the workload. So is just going to do the latter two by his own choice and thats failing?
:laugh:

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
Originally posted by: daniel49
The Obama crusade has already resulted in Colmes leaving Hannity's show after 12 years.

Now today Bill O'Reilly's reign of Republican Terror announces it is over in January.

This is a blessing.

Thank God for the Democrats finally able to take back the public airwaves from the religious kooks.

Now to after the big cheeses such as Rush and Murdock.

They are afreaid, very afraid of the Democrats invoking the Fairness Doctrine.

They are falling before the Dems even get in office and get a chance. :laugh: :thumbsup:

12-5-2008 Bill O'Reilly to end syndicated radio show

NEW YORK ? Fox News Channel said popular cable TV host Bill O'Reilly will step down as the host of his syndicated talk radio show early next year.

"The Radio Factor" ? which began in 2002 and runs on more than 400 radio stations, as well as satellite operator Sirius XM Radio Inc. ? will end in the first quarter of 2009, Fox said late Thursday.

In a statement, O'Reilly said the workload has become too much, adding, "I can no longer give both TV and radio the time they deserve."

let me see he is on 400 radio stations since 2002. Feels he can no longer do radio, tv, and print because of the workload. So is just going to do the latter two by his own choice and thats failing?
:laugh:

Dave's not so good at seeing things for what they really are.

AFMatt

Aug 14, 2008
Originally posted by: Fear No Evil
We were told talk radio would die when Clinton won, then it would die when Bush won, now it will die when Obama won.

Why do I think in 4 years we will have even more talk radio?

Who is this "we" you speak of?

We, the people?
I don't recall threats to conservative talk radio before or during Clinton's admin. In fact, he and Hillary gave radio hosts so much material over his 8 year term that the amount of shows, and their ratings, saw consistent increases.
There is also no threat now. It is quite obvious the once very far left looking Obama is actually going to travel right down the center. I will be very surprised if we see the Fairness Doctrine, or anything similar, get passed over his term.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: AFMatt
I don't recall threats to conservative talk radio before or during Clinton's admin.

You're right because the Neocons via Murdock had not purchased all the airwaves up yet.

The purchases occured during the first 4 years of the Bush administration.

Murdock and Crap Channel own the public airwaves.

Take it away from them is all I am saying.

They have no business owning the airwaves of the "We" the people.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
I don't recall threats to conservative talk radio before or during Clinton's admin.

You're right because the Neocons via Murdock had not purchased all the airwaves up yet.

So, in your opinion, the 2nd Amendment should only be afforded to liberals? Why do you hate the Constitution?

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: blackangst1
So, in your opinion, the 2nd Amendment should only be afforded to liberals? Why do you hate the Constitution?

IMO the people come first not your Anti-American Republican hero's agenda of the likes of Hannity and Rush.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005

IMO the people come first not your Anti-American Republican hero's agenda of the likes of Hannity and Rush.

Can you answer the question?

Ozoned

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2004

Then buy it from them dave, that's the american way.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
Originally posted by: Ocguy31
Actually, the jobs are going overseas because your heroes believe that someone working in a factory should make what someone who works with their brain makes. So now instead of working for lower wages, they arent working at all.

Keep raising that minimum wage and giving into unions, and there wont be any lower-middle class jobs around.

Why would I pay Bill in Cleveland $9/hr to make shoes, when I can pay Hasam in Indonesia $1/day?

This is awesome. Obama is not even in power yet.

Thanks for showing your true Anti-American colors.

I hope my heroes keep it up more and more everyday and you want to leave as quickly as possible. :thumbsup:

Wow, you have the impressive talent of making up anything you want and presenting it as fact!

Your answer to anyone disagreeing with you is "get the fuck out of my country you evil Republican"

Seriously, what happened to you that you hate everything around you? In the mean time, just put that phrase in your signature then at least you can post empty replies and always say exactly what is on your mind. ;) While I'll just continue laughing here at your misery. :laugh:

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005

Have you ever seen a shrink, Dave? I'm being quite serious. Your hate and paranoia has blinded you to what is probably a point of no return. You must be one sad, miserable, shell of a man.