failed battle.net log ins

Feb 4, 2009
I've been bombarded with failed login attempts from battle net. I haven't used it in years. Besides changing the password is there anything else I should do?
The constant daily barrage of emails notifying me of failed log ins is pretty irritating

Rebel_L

Nov 9, 2009
While I dont know if it will help, you could email blizzard and let them know, they may let you close the account if your not using it and not wanting to save anything attached to it.

I would certainly log into it once and scrub it clean of as much actual personal data you can, and if blizz wont actually get rid of it and you just dont want to see the spam you could, after you have scrubbed it of any real data, just make a new google email, link it to that and then get rid of the new email address.

clok1966

Golden Member
Jul 6, 2004
Many of the battle net login phishing attempts look like legit battlenet emails. you can normally tell just by putting your mouse over any link it wants you to use and look in bottom left corner of window , it will show where that link actually goes, they try all sorts of stuff like the correct name but an extra T in it and stuff like that, or Blizard.battllenet.WIZ.ue. its easy anything to do with battlenet, just go to the actual webpage (don't follow any links in emails) and login if there is anything it will be there. I used to get "you sold gold" or " to many illegal attempts to login" emails all the time with links to copy's of Blizzards pages so they look 100% legit, but are not the correct address. of course you may have a legit problem, just put a phone or Blizzard authentication on your account. I have never heard of those ever being hacked unless somebody lost a phone. before the authentication I was hacked 3 times.. amazing they spend time on WOW accounts, even more amazing was i had shit, but they stripped and sold it all, maybe made 100 gold back in the days it happened.. guess sweat shop wages make even that worth it.

Feb 4, 2009
Many of the battle net login phishing attempts look like legit battlenet emails. you can normally tell just by putting your mouse over any link it wants you to use and look in bottom left corner of window , it will show where that link actually goes, they try all sorts of stuff like the correct name but an extra T in it and stuff like that, or Blizard.battllenet.WIZ.ue. its easy anything to do with battlenet, just go to the actual webpage (don't follow any links in emails) and login if there is anything it will be there. I used to get "you sold gold" or " to many illegal attempts to login" emails all the time with links to copy's of Blizzards pages so they look 100% legit, but are not the correct address. of course you may have a legit problem, just put a phone or Blizzard authentication on your account. I have never heard of those ever being hacked unless somebody lost a phone. before the authentication I was hacked 3 times.. amazing they spend time on WOW accounts, even more amazing was i had shit, but they stripped and sold it all, maybe made 100 gold back in the days it happened.. guess sweat shop wages make even that worth it.

Its legit, it has my name in the text. I logged in and changed the PW to something I'll never be able to replicate and added the sms notification for changes.

sweenish

Diamond Member
May 21, 2013
I've seen my share of phishing emails with my name in them. Means nothing.