FaD - The TeAm Has Slipped To 6'th Place

Ross Whitehead

Golden Member
Apr 6, 2002
Hopefully we can regain it in the very near future and hold onto it... Ukraine, currently 7'th, is also putting a good fight and has not given up yet.

Unforgiven

Golden Member
May 11, 2001
just added a 3.0 ghz HT box to the cause so that should help out :) plus ive got a few 400 + hit units in the waits just finishing up. :beer:

mondobyte

Jun 28, 2004
Ok,

I've added 30 pentium 550 or 600 machines monday.

Today, I've tossed in 2 HT Xeon 3.2 boxes! They will crunch temporarily until next week sometime.

I'm struggling to get a couple more XP boxes online.

The plan is to move my dual PIII Xeon 850 board, processors, memory, RAID card, Sound card, and Video card to a big honking Gateway case (currently a pentium III 550).

That will leave a "hole" for me to put my Micro-ATX Shuttle MN31N board in - get this - my 18 Bay Antec Server case (with dual fault tolerant 400W PSU). I already have a 64mb Adaptec RAID host for it and I bought memory last week (2 sticks of PC3200 Golden Dragon Ultra!). I already have HSF and all that stuff.

My plan was to rip the XP2400 out of the box I won in the contest and overclock it!

I have a primo XP1900 that I have "altered" and it can go in the contest box overclocked @ 2.2 - 2.4 GHz!!!... and become yet another cruncher.

That leaves me with a spare XP2200+ (not a good overclocker) to experiment changing bridges and messing around with mostly. Thought about turning in into a mobile and see what can be done there.

And then, of course, there are a few more computers here and there to be pushed onto the FaD Fires.

What to do with the board and processors and memory out of that huge honking gateway box??? Any ideas?

scoser

Feb 1, 2004
And I'm back at college with my two main rigs, so I'll be back in action fairly soon.

mondobyte

Jun 28, 2004
Originally posted by: Ross Whitehead
Mondobyte... I wish I had a fraction of the hardware you have!
That is my wife's fondest wish:brokenheart: -- that I only had a fraction of the hardwar that I have.

It is now time for some others to pick up the slack and haul a bigger load!

mondobyte

Jun 28, 2004
Hopefully we can regain it in the very near future and hold onto it... Ukraine, currently 7'th, is also putting a good fight and has not given up yet.
... hmmm ... I have definitely not given up. One of these days I hope to be a "starting cruncher" in the majors. Seems that all I am right now is a "relief pitcher" or "pinch hitter".

One can dream!

Ross Whitehead

Golden Member
Apr 6, 2002
Originally posted by: mondobyte
... hmmm ... I have definitely not given up. One of these days I hope to be a "starting cruncher" in the majors. Seems that all I am right now is a "relief pitcher" or "pinch hitter".
One can dream!

Dude... you are a star player in the big league man. You are ranked 9'th of all FaD members. That is defintely starter material.

mondobyte

Jun 28, 2004
but I say again ... I cannot do this single handed ... the rest of Anandtech must rise up and challenge forcefully.

ken008

Mar 29, 2002
I have a 12 day whopper nearing completion. The work from one rig is not being counted towards me or the team. The stats and registration of nodes seems weak on this project, kinda retarded.

Ross Whitehead

Golden Member
Apr 6, 2002
Originally posted by: ken008
I have a 12 day whopper nearing completion. The work from one rig is not being counted towards me or the team. The stats and registration of nodes seems weak on this project, kinda retarded.

What is the member/nick name of the rig which is not being counted? I only see one entry in the members file for Ken008 and it is properly assigned to the TeAm.

scoser

Feb 1, 2004
You just need to change the settings in your configuration and it should change all of that to you.

mondobyte

Jun 28, 2004
Jeesh, At The Moment ... seems I have 85+ computers in the FaD Hordes. Not as many as I hoped for.

I am desperately working to add more to the hordes but it may come a bit slow. Making significant improvements in my production is difficult at these levels.

Holy bags -- I am struggling mightily to bust into the top crunchers but I am not quite there yet. I hope to bust in within the next 3-6 months though.

Come on folks and crunch hard as you can and join me in this noble cause.

Mondo

ken008

Mar 29, 2002
The whopper unleasehed at last ! 12 days over 800 hits, I moved up about a thousand spots from 3300 to 2300 . We are back in fifth place. I am running under a new name for this project TA_FREEBIRD . My other account should be inactive.I tried changing the config it seems correct. I reinstalled the client also.

PlumUgly

Jul 17, 2004
Originally posted by: mondobyte

One can dream!

Horse pucky!!!!! One of these days I hope to be a "starting cruncher" in the majors. Seems that all I am right now is a "relief pitcher" or "pinch hitter".
Like I told ya ,add it all up then tell me that.
" One can dream!" I think he's a sleeper ,add your hordes together then tell me that!!!

dringdahl

Jun 8, 2004
I've got a blast of power to add for a week or 2 should give us a good spread away from 6th and 7th.

BlackMountainCow

Diamond Member
May 28, 2003
I know it's not much but my laptop computer crunches 16 hours a day on FaD ... I had to leave me fleet back in Germany ... too pricey to ship them to the US for a year ;)