FAD: May-24 Rebel_Alliance's doing the TOP-DAWG dance today!

Silverthorne

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2004
43 active members returned 1,077,524 points yesterday :thumbsup:

Rebel_Alliance leads the pack today with 138,037 points! Honourable mentions go to TA_GeoffS (120,614 pts) and officeboy (114,686 pts).

Vincero was our highest climber jumping 399 spots!

Today's Milestone Makers
BadThad crossed 5 yrs CPU time, 24M molecules
officeboy crossed 3 yrs CPU time, 9M molecules
Milestones are every 1M pts, 1M molecules, 1 yr CPU time

Please join me in welcoming our newest members:
deathbysleep came from (unknown)

... and wishing all the best to our departed members:
(none)

Welcome all and thanks for crunching with us!

More TeAm Stats can be found HERE

Welcome to the team deathbysleep.

Slatzman

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2002
thanks for the stats Silver and wlecome deathbysleep!!! Thanks for crunchin with us

Slatz

office boy

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
All right back over a 1mil :) nice work team.
Is mondo having computer trouble, or just saving up for a nice big dump?

welcome deathbysleep :beer:

mondobyte

Jun 28, 2004
Originally posted by: GeoffS
mondo is in beta-hell at the moment...

Yep ... the beta was so bad that my only recourse was to delete the directories that house FaD and reinstall from scratch!

As a result of this requirement, the Blue Horde is now a single "mondo" queue server with 60+ clients!

The Golden Horde is back online pretty much as it was with exceptions:

I've got an old Micron Pentium III 550 computer that has had a couple very minor case mods. I ripped out all the guts. I've put in a 400W Aluminum PSU, a Shuttle AN35N 400 Ultra nForce2 motherboard, Athlon-M XP2500+, 512mb PC3200 Crucial, 20gb HD, ZIP Drive, CD-R/W and floppy. Looks just like an old Micron but it sure ain't that slow! I've still got a ways to go on tweaking & overclocking though.

I've got a really crappy case that was donated to me. I have an old Gigabyte motherboard, Athlon MP1900+, 3 sticks of PC133 256mb RAM, 20gb HD, DVD-ROM, etc. Should be a good cruncher. It will be fun to see how far I can overclock this one but I've got to get it from pieces into a computer first!

I've got one motherboard to come back from RMA. When it returns, I guess it is time to gut the PIII-600 Dell and do exactly to it ... what I did to the micron. I have everything except a processor so I will be casting about for a processor but I am sure I will come up with something. Anything faster than a PIII-600 will be of benefit.

On a lighter note, I picked up a used 8 Port Belkin OminView Pro2 rack mount KVM (with OSD and all the fancies) today for $20. Very cool! ;)

Looks like the hordes are going to stabilize at this level for the near future.