FAD: Mar-31 mondobyte's doing the TOP-DAWG dance today!

Freewolf

Diamond Member
Feb 15, 2001
52 active members returned 1,274,892 points yesterday :thumbsup:

mondobyte leads the pack today with 225,293 points! Honourable mentions go to Raoul_Teteblanc (84,257 pts) and Silverthorne (79,983 pts).

jimmys3 was our highest climber jumping 1,677 spots!

Today's Milestone Makers
TA_GeoffS crossed 40M molecules
wirelessenabled crossed 50M molecules
BadThad crossed 11M molecules
officeboy crossed 1M molecules
Milestones are every 1M pts, 1M molecules, 1 yr CPU time

Please join me in welcoming our newest members:
(none)

... and wishing all the best to our departed members:
(none)

Welcome all and thanks for crunching with us!

More TeAm Stats can be found HERE

\"\"
Stats brought to you by TA_GeoffS of Team AnandTech!

Wolfsraider

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2002
Thank you Jim,

I lost some production getting the kinks worked out of the dually, but I have it running right ...now.:p

Production should improve now.

Seems she don't like tight timings, thanks to christian for that.:)

I bumped her up to almost 3100 mhz and we are trucking on .

Mike

Slatzman

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2002
thanks for the stats post Freewolf...I just dumped several big jobs, hopefully today will be a nice stats day for me!!!

Slatz

BadThad

Lifer
Feb 22, 2000
Rant - Man, I'm really starting to hate Dell. A bunch of the new P4 systems we got in came with HT disabled by Dell. I didn't realize this until Tuesday, so I had to run around making the BIOS and XP changes to get HT up. Why in God's name would they decide to ship PC's out with HT disabled? Let's just sell PC's with some of the performance features disabled by default.....ARRRRGGGGGG. /RANT

Hopefully, that will help my numbers some. :)

office boy

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Cus HT sucks...
Really I mean how much office type software can use dual CPU's... And even if you could... Would you buy 2- 1.5ghz P4's when you could have one 3ghz? (why would you want a p4 anyways, yuck)
With that said, my wife?s computer (400SC) came with HT turned on so maybe they turn it on with their more server oriented PC's and leave it off on the more desktop oriented PC's?

mrwizer

Nov 7, 2004
Well, besides the issue that HT hides some of the P4's flaws and can help, my 400SC also came with HT enabled. But... nobody ever said that Dell's were high performance machines. :)

Unforgiven

Golden Member
May 11, 2001
Originally posted by: BadThad
Rant - Man, I'm really starting to hate Dell. A bunch of the new P4 systems we got in came with HT disabled by Dell. I didn't realize this until Tuesday, so I had to run around making the BIOS and XP changes to get HT up. Why in God's name would they decide to ship PC's out with HT disabled? Let's just sell PC's with some of the performance features disabled by default.....ARRRRGGGGGG. /RANT

i had the same thing happen with dell! i even requested them to double check that HT was enabled upon shipping and it was not for 10 office computers :| i never understand why people hate on HT. i find it really useful and for crunching it kicks ass!

BadThad

Lifer
Feb 22, 2000
Originally posted by: Unforgiven
Originally posted by: BadThad

i had the same thing happen with dell! i even requested them to double check that HT was enabled upon shipping and it was not for 10 office computers :| i never understand why people hate on HT. i find it really useful and for crunching it kicks ass!

Good to know I'm not alone. HT produces a good bit more work on DC projects than single threaded machines.

Officeboy - How can you say HT sucks? With SETI I got about 70% more wu's out of an HT system versus an equivalent PC non-HT machine. Screw office applications, they can run those on old P133's...I know, I still have a few users on machines like that.

Freewolf

Diamond Member
Feb 15, 2001
Originally posted by: GeoffS
heh... looks like 121,789 pts for the day! :thumbsup:

Great job my friend!
You've been kicking the RA's butt big time the last few days!
:)