Factory Reset question

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Dumb question time - have an S7 that I threw the latest ROM via Odin because it was a VZW phone but I moved to T-Mobile. Had to do it to get full functionality. That was years ago and I'd rather not have to do it all over because I'll have to figure out the process again. Due to phone slow-down over the years, I want to reset the phone and start barebones (TMO)... does a factory reset put it back to VZW? Or the T-Mobile ROM when fresh?

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
Dumb question time - have an S7 that I threw the latest ROM via Odin because it was a VZW phone but I moved to T-Mobile. Had to do it to get full functionality. That was years ago and I'd rather not have to do it all over because I'll have to figure out the process again. Due to phone slow-down over the years, I want to reset the phone and start barebones (TMO)... does a factory reset put it back to VZW? Or the T-Mobile ROM when fresh?
I haven't flashed a phone in a while but most Android ROMs have a radio firmware. I'm guessing you flashed the radio, not the ROM. If you switched from one carrier to another without flashing ROM, then you should be able to change the radio and put the new SIM card in. You will find better answers here https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s7/how-to.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Well I went ahead with it and it did factory reset back only to the T-Mobile ROM. So, good for me.