Facebook buisness page privacy settings question

TheNiceGuy

Golden Member
Dec 23, 2004
Hello all
I was interested in setting up a buisness page on facebook, however, I don't want anyone to be able to comment, tag, or otherwise mess with anything on the page. I just want people to be able to see it.
I made a page and followed all the privacy settings in detail. This included deselecting all related options such as "Everyone can post to XXX's timeline". However, strangers can still write any comments they wish on the page, such as comments about photos.
Any idea how to solve this?

Edit: Actually, better yet, is there a way to bypass FB altogether? Any site that will show up in a google search, allow me to post photos, and list the name and address of the company? That's all I need.

Thank you!

Thank you

Last edited:

MarkLuvsCS

Jun 13, 2004
What about throwing up a cheap website through some hosting company. It gives you nearly complete control of the site, u just need to pay monthly fees for hosting and yearly domain registrations. I think it would be more professional having your own site vs. some page hosted via another company. The biggest issue I would imagine is the website you host wouldn't likely get any traffic 'randomly'. People who use your service would see the webpage, but I don't know if it'd get pulled up too much in search results.

Last edited:

TheNiceGuy

Golden Member
Dec 23, 2004
Thanks fellas.
I'll check Flickr out more thoroughly.
Sorry, I don't know much about web traffic. If I made my own small site, google searching our buisness type and city may not display my site? There's maybe 5 companies of our type in this city.
Facebook may work, but it kind of creeps me out. I just found out somehow all of my personal account photos have been publicly available without my knowledge.
Also, as I mentioned I don't want our buisness page to display random comments from strangers.
The targeted networking aspect is good for getting our name out there, but I see a bunch of customers wanting to join my personal account - more Facebook creepiness...

Last edited:

Nothinman

Elite Member
Sep 14, 2001
Hello all
I was interested in setting up a buisness page on facebook, however, I don't want anyone to be able to comment, tag, or otherwise mess with anything on the page. I just want people to be able to see it.
I made a page and followed all the privacy settings in detail. This included deselecting all related options such as "Everyone can post to XXX's timeline". However, strangers can still write any comments they wish on the page, such as comments about photos.
Any idea how to solve this?

Edit: Actually, better yet, is there a way to bypass FB altogether? Any site that will show up in a google search, allow me to post photos, and list the name and address of the company? That's all I need.

Thank you!

Thank you

That completely defeats the purpose of a social networking site and things like that are what turn companies into unflattering memes. If you're just looking for an advertising website, go that route instead. As JackMDS says, learn about SEO, sponsored results, etc and either try some marketing on for yourself or find a marketing company to help you out.

imagoon

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2003
I am pretty sure that Facebook offers "Business" accounts that have specialized controls for this use. It lets you prevent people from putting your "business" in pictures etc to keep crap you don't approve of from appearing but still allows people to "like" you etc

However Facebook won't let you "turn it all off" otherwise you are just using them as a free advertising webpage which they don't allow.

Next question: Why is this in networking? If you want to advertise, you need to make sure to target the right people. Network admins are not public relations people most of the time.