Facebook bans a slew of high profile extremists

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
He was banned as an acceptable token sacrifice for Facebook to appear kinda of unbiased.

As for those somehow equating Facebook's actions as some sort of freedom of speech issue, just have them declared a public utility like the telephone, television, radio industry and bring back the Fairness Doctrine, problem solved.

The demise of this FCC rule has been considered by some to be a contributing factor for the rising level of party polarization in the United States.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FCC_fairness_doctrine

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FCC_fairness_doctrine#cite_note-3
One word. Absolutely!

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
No, you just missed the joke. I made fun of your personal ideology of "both sides", you didn't get it because in this one case you thought you had been vindicated.
It wasn’t a particularly clever joke. Objectivity is not an ideology, although if my posts trigger you, that is vindication enough.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
It wasn’t a particularly clever joke. Objectivity is not an ideology, although if my posts trigger you, that is vindication enough.

Yep it wasn't a very good joke. You got to know your audience and I should have dumbed it down;)

cliftonite

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2001
Correct it is. What would your opinion if Facebook decided to ban gays and any sort of homosexual groups/pages etc? It’s their platform to do what they please, using editorial discretion to ban groups of people. I get that there’s a gulf of difference between Alex Jones and gay pride but it raises the question about these platforms and trying to ban people and ideas. Gays can start their own Facebook am I right..

I am not gay but if they were to do that I would exercise my rights to delete my FB account and not use the platform.

Mar 11, 2004
Correct it is. What would your opinion if Facebook decided to ban gays and any sort of homosexual groups/pages etc? It’s their platform to do what they please, using editorial discretion to ban groups of people. I get that there’s a gulf of difference between Alex Jones and gay pride but it raises the question about these platforms and trying to ban people and ideas. Gays can start their own Facebook am I right..

We actually have put in protections for certain facets as part of "all men are created equal" meaning that even private companies are not ok to discriminate against people based on such, and there's a big push to enshrine sexual orientation as one of them (in fact our previous President had told his DoJ to defend such, while the current one has done the complete and total opposite via people he knows are horrible bigots like DeVos). Plus, as others pointed out you're deliberately trying to equate two incredibly dissimilar things (someones sexual orientation to people actively spreading lies and hate) to justify your horrible misology. It didn't make sense the first thousand times you tried to push that nonsense, and it still doesn't work no matter how much you try and keep using such an inane analogy to try and cover the fact that you constantly defend right wing hatemongers under the guise of being an SJW for free speech. Likewise, no matter how much you lie to yourself that you're not bigoted, your actions reveal the truth.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2004
OMFG

View attachment 6025

We should all head over to the storm front forums and see how long we last.

They need to fire up the...what the fuck did they call it? Anonymous' DDoS thing. Anyway, appropriate it and instigate a DGoS (Distributed Gaying of Service) on Stormfront. Just troll the fuck out of them with an unending stream of tender interracial gay love, gifs of hand holding, kissing, maybe Jessie Owens showing off his gold medals he got over the "perfect Aryans".

Maybe Pepe gets himself a boyfriend, or maybe even better, goes polyamory and Kermit and Miss Piggy teach him that there's only one vegan way to eat bacon (also he gets pegged and after finding out how fun a Devil's Triangle is he gives butt-chugging a go since it seemed so popular with Kavanaugh). Since fascists are so desperate to grovel and lick boots, well we can guess that Pepe would be plenty submissive.

Let's give the right wingers all the imaginary friends they could ever want, who will be bots that distort everything they say as gay innuendo. They'd share a name so they'd know they have a friend in Jesus (both Christ and Mexicans).