f1 2010

Mar 10, 2005
a severe case of consolitis. i think it's a pretty poor piece of software, bundled with 2 pieces of xbox crapware for no reason. GFWL is required, as is some proprietary audio driver. these are a pain in the ass and add nothing. the game itself is bug-ridden, and is not a simulator in any way. in fact, much of the time computer opponents are completely faked. i've had poor results trying to use a logitech rumblepad with the game. same goes for an f710 in both pc and xbox modes.

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005
Preordered it and regret it still. If you want something arcadish then go for it. If you want a simulator, you're better off with rFactor and a F1 mod.

Skurge

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2009
I pre-ordered it too. Probably the worst Codemasters racing game since FUEL. I say wait and see what F1 2011 is like or get a SIM like Rfactor/GTR with F1 mods.

manimal

Lifer
Mar 30, 2007
I actually enjoyed it. Yes its dumbed down but is a good arcadey racer for our game room with 4 htpcs.

DeathReborn

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 2005
It's quite fun once you get past the glitches with tyre wear & weight of fuel in the car.

It does show that it was a rushed product when they used the Ego engine and didn't even set it to show sector 3 times in Practice & Quali, it is kinda important in F1. They tried to please both the SIM and Arcade crowds and only pleased the Arcade crowd a bit, the SIM crowd... well they're too cheap to get a proper Simulator.

rasczak

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
Yea, I'm really looking for a simulator (i don't have the whell and pedals yet, i'll get those after i figure out what game i want.)

so far I've tried the RaceOn demo, and am downloading the rFactor demo. Hopefully I'll get a good feel for these two. I've heard of some other games as well, Simbins? iRacing?

Skurge

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2009
It's quite fun once you get past the glitches with tyre wear & weight of fuel in the car.

It does show that it was a rushed product when they used the Ego engine and didn't even set it to show sector 3 times in Practice & Quali, it is kinda important in F1. They tried to please both the SIM and Arcade crowds and only pleased the Arcade crowd a bit, the SIM crowd... well they're too cheap to get a proper Simulator.

Too cheap? lol

Anyway, OP you can also try Live for speed.