F@H: are my SMP clients supposed to stop crunching when i lose wireless connection?

LOUISSSSS

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2005
so i have google toolbar monitoring my CPU usage constantly and it seems that my 24/7 running 2 x SMP clients seem to stop working whenever i get disconnected/reconnected with my wireless connection

does this happen to you guys?

GLeeM

Elite Member
Apr 2, 2004
Originally posted by: LOUISSSSS
so i have google toolbar monitoring my CPU usage constantly and it seems that my 24/7 running 2 x SMP clients seem to stop working whenever i get disconnected/reconnected with my wireless connection

does this happen to you guys?

Yup, it does that.

Check out the link at the bottom of every F@H stats thread that I do.
Insidious's guide to set up static IP address to keep SMP client from stalling.

Gravity

Diamond Member
Mar 21, 2003
Louisssss, thanks for running the smp client. This is a beta project and requires no small amount of babysitting. However, the upgrade, and it is an upgrade, solves some of the toughest problems.

Keep folding,

Gravity

LOUISSSSS

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2005
Originally posted by: Gravity
Louisssss, thanks for running the smp client. This is a beta project and requires no small amount of babysitting. However, the upgrade, and it is an upgrade, solves some of the toughest problems.

Keep folding,

Gravity

by upgrade, u mean upgrade to client 5.92? i THINK i'm running 5.91 one, how can i check for sure?

legoman666

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2003
Originally posted by: Gravity

Keep folding,

Gravity

by upgrade, u mean upgrade to client 5.92? i THINK i'm running 5.91 one, how can i check for sure?

With F@H running, and you check the task manager and there are processes called "DeinoPM.exe" then you're running the 5.92 client, otherwise it's 5.91.

LOUISSSSS

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2005
looks like 5.92 is still in beta stage.. i might just wait till it becomes an official release

legoman666

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2003
looks like 5.92 is still in beta stage.. i might just wait till it becomes an official release

the SMP client itself is still in beta, 5.91 included.